ITC clears McDonald's ad
- McDonald's under fire from the ITC. // Marketing Week;5/3/2001, Vol. 24 Issue 12, p6
Reports the criticism on the television advertisement of McDonald's by the Independent Television Commission in Great Britain. Complaints of consumers on the promotion; Failure to indicate the offer applied to specific products and dates of promotion; Creation of the commercial by Leo Burnett.
- Break time. // Consumer Policy Review;Jul/Aug97, Vol. 7 Issue 4, p117
Reports on the British Independent Television Commission's call for comments on the case for allowing ITV, C4 and C5 to show more advertising.
- Backbite. Beale, Claire // Campaign;12/12/97, Issue 50, p47
Relates the TV Advertising Complaints report published by the Great Britain Independent Television Commission. Criticisms made on several advertising campaigns.
- ITC pulls plug on Xbox's 'cradle to the grave' TV ad. Chandiramani, Ravi // Marketing (00253650);6/6/2002, p1
Reports on the ban of a television advertisement on the Xbox games of Microsoft by the Independent Television Commission in Great Britain. Description of the advertisement; Reaction of the viewers on the commercial.
- Don't ignore the public's growing aversion to ads. // Campaign (UK);05/21/99, Issue 20, p23
Editorial. Comments on the results of an Independent Television Commission report that states television viewers in Great Britain are bored with commercials. Negative impact of consumer boredom; Diminishing power of television advertising.
- Hitler magazine prompts 63 ITC complaints. // Marketing Week;2/25/1999, Vol. 22 Issue 4, p14
Reports that a television advertising for a magazine called `Hitler's Third Reich,' prompted complaints to the Great Britain Independent Television Commission. Citing of timing of commercials; Publication by Midsummer Books; Media bought by MBS Media.
- ITC review so radical you wouldn't even notice it. Douglas, Torin // Marketing Week;9/5/2002, Vol. 25 Issue 36, p17
Focuses on the television advertising standards code of the Independent Television Commission in Great Britain. Information on the advertising bans; Recommendations for the commercials of religious groups; Regulations for tobacco, guns, pornography, betting and political advertising.
- Marie Stopes Clinic slams lack of advertising freedom. Mason, Tania // Marketing (00253650);9/5/2002, p4
Reports on the efforts of Marie Stopes Health Clinic in challenging the Independent Television Commission in allowing the abortion clinics to advertise abortion through television in Great Britain.
- ITC issues new epilepsy trigger warning to advertisers. // Campaign (UK);8/9/2002, Issue 31, p4
Focuses on the guidelines issued by television watchdogs to advertisers in Great Britain. Aim of the guidelines to reduce the number of commercials triggering epileptic fits in some viewers; Production of the video containing the guidelines by the Independent Television Commission.