Simple savings - same old story?
- Hotter than July for 'revolutionary' review. // Money Marketing;6/20/2002, p3
Reports on the publication of Treasury-commissioned review of medium and long-term retail savings by financial adviser Ron Sandler in July 2002. Objective of the review; Simplification of pension legislation.
- CAN SANDLER SAVE SAVINGS? Benady, David // Marketing Week;7/18/2002, Vol. 25 Issue 29, p24
Analyzes the British Treasury-commissioned report by Ron Sandler, former chief executive of Lloyds of London, on British pensions and savings. Allegations of high fees and lack of transparency in the long-term savings industry; Proposal to make long-term savings less complex in order to attract...
- ABI claims Sandler has not been open. Stones, John // Money Marketing;6/20/2002, p3
Reports on the criticisms against the review of medium and long-term retail savings by financial adviser Ron Sandler. Implication for life insurance industry; Proposal for future level playing field for with-profits; Launch of FSA with-profits review.
- Level playing field on tax could resurrect IPA. // Money Marketing;7/11/2002, p5
Reports on the recommendation of Ron Sandler, head of Britain's Treasury Commission, to simplify the tax regime that would promote growth of the individual pension accounts in Britain. Claims of Sandler on the qualifying life policy regime; Proposal for investment trusts; Views of the...
- Will the FSA take heed of Sandler? // Money Marketing;7/18/2002, p33
Comments on the report made by Ron Sandler on the simplification of pensions and other savings products in Great Britain as of July 2002. Views on pensions policies; Concern on his thoughts on independent financial advisers.
- Sandler sets out his menu. Stones, John // Money Marketing;11/22/2001, p10
Focuses on the speech delivered by Ron Sandler, head of the Great Britain Department of Treasury commission review of the retail savings industry, at the Association of Independent Financial Advisers annual dinner at the Old Brewery in London, England. His concern on savings ratio; Implications...
- Spectre of RU 64 regime. // Money Marketing;7/18/2002, p3
Focuses on the spectre of RU64-style regime where the independent financial advisers will be forced to sell stakeholder pensions as the consequence for not supporting the investment proposal of Ron Sandler in Great Britain as of July 2002. Comments of the Financial Services Authority on the...
- Slander and Pickle show. Vaizley, Edward // Money Marketing;7/25/2002, p37
Comments on the reports issued by Ron Sandler and Alan Pickering about the financial services industry in Great Britain. Nicknames given by the industry to Sandler and Pickering as a result of the content of their reports; Proposal of Pickering to simplify the pensions rules; Principles which...
- Retrospective lifestyle switch brings protest from providers. Greenwood, John // Money Marketing;7/17/2003, p3
Cites the negative reaction of product providers to the government proposal to bring existing stakeholder pensions into Ron Sandler's paper 19 product sales regime. Claim by providers of the huge costs involved in advising existing customers on alternative lifestyle default options; Failure of...