- China imports up 40% in 1st half. Carroll, Brian // Furniture/Today;10/30/2000, Vol. 25 Issue 8, p4
Reports on the rise in furniture imports in China during the first half of 2000. Percentage rise in Chinese furniture imports during the given time period; Factors attributing to such importation trend within the industry; Success of China in solidifying its status as the United States'...
- Chilean furniture makers eye U.S. market. Koenig, Karen // Wood & Wood Products;Feb94, Vol. 99 Issue 2, p10
Reports that the Chilean wooden furniture industry has targeted its marketing efforts in the United States which is considered the primary export market for wooden furniture. Third annual Salon del Mueble Furniture fair; Chief product type; Export sales since 1985; Impact of the North American...
- Hold on for the imports shakeout. Sloan, Carole // Furniture/Today;04/30/2001, Vol. 25 Issue 33, p75
Focuses on the furniture industry and trade in the United States. Introduction of fabric designs by upholstery companies; Considerations on the quality controls and supervision of imported furniture and upholstery; Notion on importation of furniture without effective quality protocols.
- Brazilian players use range of export plans. // Furniture/Today;05/14/2001, Vol. 25 Issue 35, p21
Reports on the export strategies utilized by Brazilian furniture companies. Overview on different export strategies utilized by Brazilian furniture manufacturers; Details regarding the efforts of various industry players in exporting their products into foreign markets; Overview on the...
- Trade coalition adds four more producers. // Furniture/Today;7/28/2003, Vol. 27 Issue 46, p2
Reveals the manufacturers who have joined the coalition battling low-cost bedroom imports from China.
- Power to the people. Lea, Jane // Cabinet Maker;07/07/2000, Issue 5195, p19
Reports on the efforts of China to promote its furniture on the European market. Participation in trade shows and exhibits; Highlights of China's advantages over competitors; Quality.
- Moving up a notch. Baum, Stephanie // Cabinet Maker;6/22/2001, Issue 5243, p14
Reports on the growing popularity of contemporary designs into the pine furniture market in Great Britain. Sources of cheap imports; Appeal of pine furniture; Streamlined Scandinavian and Shaker looks; Paint finishes; Innovative designs.
- Naked ambition. de Melim, Richard // Cabinet Maker;7/13/2001, Issue 5246, p23
Focuses on the furniture industry in Finland. Abundance of furniture raw materials in the country; Goal of manufacturers for product exportation; Plans for entry in the Great Britain market.
- New world order. // Cabinet Maker;9/7/2001, Issue 5254, p14
Reports the focus of Australian furniture manufacturers on the European market. Description of furniture trends; Innovations in furniture design; Competition between local and imported furniture. INSETS: Trends;Creatives have designs on commercial manufacturers;Manufacturing wizards of Oz...