Smile and you will get more happy, smiling customers
- Top tips. // Cabinet Maker;02/02/2001, Issue 5223, p10
Presents tips on how furniture retailers can sell more merchandise.
- Q&A. // Cabinet Maker;08/28/98, Issue 5103, p7
Answers questions by Britain-based furniture manufacturers. Avoiding customer complaints about products; Customer's right to redress; Informing customer of defects.
- Point-of-view retailers. // Furniture/Today;Sep2001 Supplement, Vol. 26, p72
Focuses on the selling styles of furniture retailers in the United States. Assessment of the sales-oriented orientation of salespeople; Reinforcement of the idea of comfort and style; Ways of listing prices.
- Bed shopping. Austin, Jo // Cabinet Maker;8/19/2005, Issue 5452, p28
Discusses the availability, prices and selling techniques of selected chains on furniture industry in Great Britain. Determination of the sales advice and information; Aspect of buying a new divan; Inclusion of pricing information based on current price and original state price.
- The silent salesperson. // Cabinet Maker;1/23/2004, Issue 5372, p12
Provides tips for better furniture selling. Presentation of merchandise in an aspirational setting; Importance of an uncomplicated store layout; Consideration of the store hospitality.
- Financing works best as a tool for selling. Barnes, Marc // Furniture/Today;12/18/2006, Vol. 31 Issue 15, p22
The article focuses on the importance of financing as a tool for success for retail selling in the furniture industry in the U.S. Training of retail salespeople is reflecting the trend of financing as a means to an end. It emphasizes determining customer needs and finding out early on if...
- Simbeck goes public with direct sell. // Cabinet Maker;5/2/2003, Issue 5336, p4
Reports on the initiative of direct selling from traditional cabinet firm Simbeck Furniture in Great Britain.
- Shopping vessel. // Cabinet Maker;7/29/2005, Issue 5449, p35
Reports on the sale of furniture from a retired New Zealand navy warship F69. Fate of the vessel; Entire ship for sale.
- The selling process begins with effective questions. Perry, David // Furniture/Today;10/9/2006, Vol. 31 Issue 6, p80
The article discusses the selling process of marketing with effective questions for the clients. Selling process starts with questions designed to build rapport and ends with the most important question of all. Questions are a basic tool of the trade for the successful bedding sales associate...