DTI plan to cut red tape
- Inspectors appointed to investigate. // Accountancy;Nov82, Vol. 93 Issue 1071, p6
Reports that the Great Britain Department of Trade has appointed inspectors to investigate Alexander Howden Group as of November 1982.
- Show me the money. Turpin, Andrew // Director;May2002, Vol. 55 Issue 10, p16
Focuses on the problems of the Great Britain Department of Trade and Industry in quantifying shortfalls in the take-up of the annual budget for business support schemes as of May 2002. Amount of the budget; Reasons cited for the low take-up of some of the support schemes; Number of support...
- Annual review examinations. // Supply Management;11/2/2006, Vol. 11 Issue 22, p10
The article reports that quoted companies will have to publish information about their suppliers in their annual business review as a result of an amendment to the Companies Bill of the British Department of Trade and Industry. The bills is aimed at improving engagement with stockholders,...
- Complacency at the DTI-- but not conspiracy. // Accountancy;Sep72, Vol. 83 Issue 949, p4
Focuses on the allegations made against Great Britain's Department of Trade and Industry on the misuse of power and allegedly aiding companies break the law. Details of the charges against the DIT put forth by Michael Nobel, Minister of Trade; Statistics provided on the misuse of power;...
- Dinosaur or dynamo? Blackhurst, Chris // Director (00123242);Apr96, Vol. 48 Issue 9, p37
Presents information on the reorganization of the British Department of Trade and Industry (DTI) under its leader Michael Heseltine. Criticism of the methods used by Heseltine; Information on his book, `Where There's a Will'; Comments from senior Cabinet ministers; Details on changes...
- Information Society Initiative. // Management Accounting: Magazine for Chartered Management Account;Mar96, Vol. 74 Issue 3, p5
Reports on the launching of the Information Society Initiative by Great Britain's Department of Trade & Industry (DTI). Development of information technology awareness programs for the accounting profession; Contact information.
- Call for LINK reform. Aldhous, P. // Nature;6/6/1991, Vol. 351 Issue 6326, p431
Reveals that the rules governing LINK, the largest United Kingdom government program supporting industrial/academic collaborative research, should be overhauled according to the government-appointed committee that oversees the program. Patent reform needed; Funding for industrial collaborators...
- Product liability in the USA. // Credit Management;Feb98, p22
Reports on the seminars that will be sponsored by the Department of Trade and Industry in London, Birmingham and Manchester, England. Schedule; Venue; Topics.
- Airports group leaves DTI. // Professional Engineering;09/16/98, Vol. 11 Issue 17, p12
Reports on Great Britain's Department of Trade and Industry plans to spin off its office, to become an independent trade association by the end of 1998. Who will be appointed secretary general of the organization; Purpose of the organization.