Total Buys Shale Stake from Chesepeake and Enervest
- Total Makes $2.3 Billion Investment In U.S. Shale Gas. // Pipeline & Gas Journal;Feb2012, Vol. 239 Issue 2, p6
The article reports on the investment of French oil group Total SA on the development of U.S. shale gas reserves in Ohio through a deal with Chesapeake Energy Corp.
- BHP ENTERS SHALE GAS MARKET IN $4.75-BILLION DEAL. BEWLEY, LINDSEY // Chemical Week;2/21/2011, Vol. 173 Issue 5, p13
The article reports on the plan of Australian mining firm BHP Billiton to enter the U.S. shale gas market in a 4.75 billion dollar acquisition deal with Chesapeake Energy.
- Total Gets Into U.S. Shale With Chesapeake Deal. // Energy Daily;1/6/2010, p5
The article reports on the entry of Total SA into the U.S. shale gas industry in 2010 with a 2.25 billion dollars deal with Chesapeake Energy Corp. to get 25% interest in key Chesapeake assets in the Barnett Shale in Texas. It notes that Total SA U.S. affiliate Total E&P USA Inc. will pay...
- Total acquires Petrofina in $12.9 billion deal. Esposito, Frank // Plastics News;12/7/1998, Vol. 10 Issue 43, p35
Reports on Total SA's acquisition of Petrofina SA. Terms of agreement; Benefits from the acquisition; Access to Total SA's oil reserves; Strengthening of Petrofina's feedstock supplies for its global polypropylene and polyethylene businesses.
- Chesapeake Energy -- adding to Barnett Shale acreage? Francis, Robert // Fort Worth Business Press;6/25/2007, Vol. 20 Issue 26, p2
The article reports on the plan of Chesapeake Energy Corp. to acquire Four Sevens Resources Ltd. It notes that the acquisition would provide Chesapeake Energy with the rights to drill at the Tier 1 area of the Barnett Shale natural gas field in Fort Worth, Texas. It mentions that the acquisition...
- News in Brief. Bassett, Elizabeth; Wimmer, Leslie; Dillard, Betty; Francis, Robert // Fort Worth Business Press;7/7/2008, Vol. 22 Issue 26, p4
This section offers business-related news briefs in Texas. GameStop Corp. of Grapevine has announced plans to buy the Gamesman, New Zealand's largest independent gaming specialist. The Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport has opened new visitor information and reservation centers. Chesapeake...
- INVESTMENT BANKING DATABASE!: ENERGY & POWER. // Investment Dealers' Digest;12/6/2004, Vol. 70 Issue 47, p32
This article presents information related to recent global equity deals, recent global debt deals and recently announced global mergers and acquisitions in energy and power sectors. In the global equity deal the issuer Ceres Power Ltd. has a global amount of $29.9 million, offer price of 1.200,...
- Encore announces potential sale, merger. Tronche, John-Laurent // Fort Worth Business Press;5/26/2008, Vol. 22 Issue 20, p25
The article reports on a measure approved by the board of directors of Encore Acquisition Co. that could put the company on the auction block, or poise the energy firm for a merger. Encore has a proved reserve base of 231 million barrels of oil equivalent, more than 2,500 drilling locations and...
- More than a building. Tronche, John-Laurent // Fort Worth Business Press;4/7/2008, Vol. 21 Issue 14, p1
The article explains the significance of the acquisition of the corporate headquarters building of Pier 1 Imports Inc. by Chesapeake Energy Corp. in Fort Worth, Texas in 2008. The purchase is said to be part of the efforts of Chesapeake to solidify its local presence and commitment to the city....