JOYCE L. KENNARD: AN INDEPENDENT STREAK ON CALIFORNIA'S HIGHEST COURT
- â€¦ and two justices. // Bay Area Reporter;8/19/2004, Vol. 34 Issue 34, p6
Editorial. Comments on dissents offered by California Supreme Court Justices Joyce Kennard and Kathryn Werdegar from the determination by other justices that San Francisco Mayor Gavin Newsom exceeded his authority when he ordered city officials to issue marriage licenses to same-sex couples....
- A new wave of women judges. Leive, Cindi // Glamour;May95, Vol. 93 Issue 5, p106
Presents appointed women judges in the United States. Nancy Gertner; US Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg; Judith Rogers; Kathleen O'Malley.
- More women appointed federal judges. // Women's International Network News;Winter95, Vol. 21 Issue 1, p71
Reports on the appointment of more women and minorities in federal judgeships in the United States during President Bill Clinton's two years in office. Breakdown of federal judicial nominations under past American presidents.
- National Association Women Judges Honors 22. // Tennessee Tribune;6/24/2010, Vol. 21 Issue 25, p1A
The article reports on the recognition given to 22 women judges in Tennessee by the National Association of Women Judges on June 22, 2010.
- A reappraisal of diversification in the federal courts: Gender effects in the courts of appeals. Songer, Donald R.; Davis, Sue // Journal of Politics;May94, Vol. 56 Issue 2, p425
Examines three expectations derived from a prior study on the proliferation of female judges. Analysis of votes on appeals court decisions in three issue areas; Correlation between gender and stringency with regards to obscenity, employment discrimination, criminal search and seizure.
- Other significant stories of the year. // Burnet Bulletin (Texas);12/26/2007, Vol. 135 Issue 52, p3A
The article presents various events and activities that happened in 2007 in Burnet County, Texas including the closure of the Seriff Foundation and the appointment of the first female judge in the county.
- Justice by Any Means Necessary. Cole, Marcia A. // Heart & Soul;Nov2002, Vol. 9 Issue 9, p90
Interviews Judge Glenda Hatchett about criminal procedure in Atlanta, Georgia. Concept of creative sentencing; Initiation of truancy program; Public assistance to juvenile delinquents.
- Chief Justice Dubovcovï¿½: Judges must face the truth. Pisarova, Martina // Slovak Spectator;12/24/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 49, p5
Profiles Jana Dubovcav ï¿½, the elected chief justice of the central Slovak town's regional court in 1998. Contributions of Dubovcav ï¿½ to the improvement of Slovak's court system; Controversy raised by the corruption survey conducted by Dubovcav ï¿½ in April 2001; Her family and...
- Sonja Spears. Butler, Elisabeth // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);9/2/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 10, p20
Interviews Sonja Spears, a women judge on the Fourth Circuit Court of Appeals in New Orleans, Louisiana. Pride in community involvement; Volunteer work for public schools; Experience in the law practice.