COURT OF APPEALS UPDATE, 2000 & 2001: CONSERVATIVE VOTING, NARROW RULINGS
- Turner execs appeal to Boston brass. Learmonth, Michael // Daily Variety;2/2/2007, Vol. 294 Issue 26, p4
The article reports on the appeal made by the executives of Turner Broadcasting Systems Inc. to the Boston officials in order to settle the publicity stunt of the company that caused a terror scare in Massachusetts. According to Turner spokeswoman Shirley Powell, the blinking devices were placed...
- The debacle of the Status Law, Part 2 (and still to be continued...). Haraszti, Miklos // Budapest Business Journal;1/14/2002, Vol. 10 Issue 6, p21
Comments on the Status Law, which grants benefits to ethnic Hungarians in neighboring countries in Europe. Target beneficiaries of the legislation; Key features of the law; Impact on government aid in cultural and educational matters.
- CHAPTER 43. APPELLATE OR CASSATIONAL REVIEW OF COURT DECISIONS THAT HAVE NOT ENTERED INTO LEGAL FORCE. // Statutes & Decisions: The Laws of the USSR & Its Successor State;May/Jun2004, Vol. 40 Issue 3, p83
Presents the procedure on appellate or cassational review of court decisions that have not entered into legal force, provided in the Criminal Procedure Code of the Russian Federation. Method for filing complaint or representation for review; Periods for appeal of judgments and sentences; Scope...
- CHAPTER 44. PROCEDURE FOR APPELLATE REVIEW OF CRIMINAL CASES. // Statutes & Decisions: The Laws of the USSR & Its Successor State;May/Jun2004, Vol. 40 Issue 3, p88
Presents procedure for appellate review of criminal cases provided in the Criminal Procedure Code of the Russian Federation. Subject matter of trial on appellate review; Scheduling and preparing court sessions in appellate courts; Closing arguments and final statement of the defendant.
- DISCUTII PE MARGINEA ARTICOLULUI 244 DIN CODUL DE PROCEDURA CIVILA CORELAT CU INSTITUTIA PERIMARII. Mircioiu, Serban // Dreptul;2011, Issue 10, p144
According to Art. 244 para. (1) of the current (Romanian) Civil Procedure Code, the court may suspend trial if: - the settlement of the case depends, in full or in part, on the existence or inexistence of a right that forms the object of another trial; - criminal prosecution was initiated for a...
- 'A letter to the loser'? Public law and the empowering role of the judgment. Murray, Sarah // Griffith Law Review (Griffith University, as represented by its ;2014, Vol. 23 Issue 4, p545
This article looks at the role of judgments in the public law context, argues for the importance of judicial acknowledgement of (particularly) the losing party's story and analyses key public law decisions where this has occurred. It takes the position that judgments are written for a number of...
- Practicum. // Reporter;Dec93, Vol. 20 Issue 4, p8
Examines the correct way to handle the right to appeal Article 15 punishment, at military bases. Information on the incorrect procedure; Errors in court-martial actions and orders; Problems associated with locating accuseds on appellate matters.
- Caveat. // Reporter;Dec93, Vol. 20 Issue 4, p9
Looks at the conditions which must be met when a case is remanded by an appellate court for a DuBay fact-finding hearing, focusing on the case, United States versus Tripp. Provisions of a Dubay hearing; Information on the case, United States versus Burns.
- Proposal B in the best interest of judicial system. Roberts, Victoria // Crain's Detroit Business;10/28/96, Vol. 12 Issue 44, p7
Presents information relating to the ballot on Proposal B, an idea which was initiated and supported by the State Bar of Michigan. Stipulations of Proposal B; What will happen if it becomes law; Impact on judicial candidates.