THE ECONOMIES OF SHOOTOUTS: DOES THE PASSAGE OF CAPITAL PUNISHMENT LAWS PROTECT OF ENDANGER PUBLIC OFFICERS?
- Voice Box. // New Moon;Jul/Aug2003, Vol. 10 Issue 6, p19
Focuses on capital punishment, also known as death penalty. INSET: What do you think?.
- Death: The ultimate run-on sentence. Kozinski, Alex; Gallagher, Sean // Case Western Reserve Law Review;Fall95, Vol. 46 Issue 1, p1
Analyzes the law on the imposition of death penalty in the United States. Constitutionality of death penalty; Accommodation of will of majority and resistance from minority; Federal habeas proceedings; Comparison of cost of death penalty to non-capital murder case.
- Crime and Punishment. // American Demographics;Feb2001, Vol. 23 Issue 2, p24
Presents statistics on the views of the people in the United States towards the issue of death penalty. Percentage of black voters that are likely to support death penalty; Percentage of innocent persons who has been sentenced to death; Public opinion on crime and punishment.
- DEAD RECKONING ON U.S. EXECUTIONS. Mitchell, Greg // Editor & Publisher;11/06/2000, Vol. 133 Issue 45, p23
Editorial. Claims that the American public does not wholly support the death penalty. Factors that concern death penalty oppositionists; States where death penalty support has declined; Role of the press in the issue.
- Use of death penalty declining. // Christian Century;1/2/2002, Vol. 119 Issue 1, p12
Reports on the decline in the support for capital punishment in the United States (U.S.) according to the U.S. Justice Department. Comparison of the number of death sentences which were issued in 1998 and 2000; Analysis of the status of death sentences in 2001; Support for capital punishment in...
- Postscript. Haney, Craig // Law & Human Behavior (Springer Science & Business Media B.V.);Jun1984, Vol. 8 Issue 1/2, p159
No abstract available.
- DEATH PENALTY LOSES POPULARITY IN THE U.S. // New Yorker;11/4/1967, Vol. 43 Issue 37, p222
A headline from the "Rome Daily American," about death penalty in the U.S. is presented.
- America's Death Penalty: Just Another Form of Violence. Bessler, John D. // Phi Kappa Phi Forum;Winter2002, Vol. 82 Issue 1, p13
Comments on the existence of capital punishment in the U.S. in the aftermath of the September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks. Corrosive influence of death penalty in society; Characteristics of executions in the U.S.; Effectiveness of curtailing violence through capital punishment.
- Introduction. Nagin, Daniel // Journal of Quantitative Criminology;Mar2013, Vol. 29 Issue 1, p1
An introduction is presented in which the editor discusses various reports within the issue on topics about capital punishment.