THE MANDATORY CONSTITUTIONAL CONVENTION QUESTION REFERENDUM: THE NEW YORK EXPERIENCE IN NATIONAL CONTEXT
- Part-time Legislature Deserves Defending. // Business Journal (Central New York);08/18/2000, Vol. 14 Issue 33, p26
Editorial. Supports the concept of part-time legislators in New York. Exposure of members to adversity that creates the need for laws; Failure of lawmakers to see how their rules can create nuisance paperwork; Possible conflicts of interest.
- The futures market. Tomasky, Michael // New York;10/13/97, Vol. 30 Issue 39, p34
Discusses New York State politics as of October 1997. Republican Robert F. Kennedy Jr.'s support of Governor George Pataki; Pataki losing the support of Democrat Betsy McCaughey Ross; Expectations for the 1998 elections; How candidates for Senate seats and governor will fare.
- Gov. visits; other things happen, too. Brown, Nathan // Adirondack Daily Enterprise;7/14/2010, Vol. 117 Issue 165, p4
A blog related to political issues and condition in 2010 in New York is discussed.
- Politically incorrect. // Westchester County Business Journal;4/26/2010, Vol. 49 Issue 17, p4
The article comments on the lack of attention given by the Legislature to various issues in New York, particularly the budget deficit.
- Senator Al's survival kit. Tomasky, Michael // New York;11/25/96, Vol. 29 Issue 46, p24
Speculates as to why New York Senator Al D'Amato apparently changed his position in November 1996 regarding investigations of President Bill Clinton and his wife Hillary. How the 1996 presidential election results in New York's Nassau County affected D'Amato's position; D'Amato's political...
- The Accelerating Rate Of Government Tyranny. Poltenson, Norman // Business Journal (Central New York);5/1/2009, Vol. 23 Issue 18, p25
In this article the author discusses the government tyranny in New York. He says that nothing is so irresistible as a tyrannical power commanding in the name people. The author believes that love equality is the sole condition needed in order to succeed in focusing the supreme power in a...
- President Pataki? A test for 1999. // Crain's New York Business;11/02/98, Vol. 14 Issue 44, p8
Editorial. Explores New York Governor George Pataki's chances of qualifying for national office. Call for the widespread introduction of charter schools in New York State; Commitment to tort reform; Willingness to take political risks for the issues he believes in.
- State senators focus on local elections. Carrillo, Karen Juanita // New York Amsterdam News;07/13/2000, Vol. 91 Issue 28, p3
Focuses on New York State Senators David Paterson and Eric Schneiderman's recognition of the importance of state and local elections. Potential impact on the lives of New York-area African-Americans and Latinos; Need for district lines to be redrawn based on data compiled from 2000 census;...
- In the eyes of Albany, Long Island's invisible. Crosson, Matt // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);2/1/2008, Vol. 55 Issue 6, p15A
The author reflects on the exclusion of Long Island in the political issues in New York. He disclosed that the island is considered invisible and poorly understood in the state's political affairs. He revealed that the island is viewed as barren land that is devoid of culture, diversity and...