- International Events 2011. // Current Medical Literature: Diabetes;2011, Vol. 28 Issue 2, p75
A calendar of events relating to diabetes from September to November 2011 is presented, including Epigenomics of Common Diseases on September 13-16 in Hinxton, Cambridge, England, New York Stem Cell Foundation Sixth Annual Translational Stem Cell Research Conference on October 11-12 in New York...
- calendar 2009. // Georgia Trend;Jul2009, Vol. 24 Issue 11, p3
A calendar of events related to several industries in Georgia from September to November 2009 is presented which includes the round table on stem cell research, private schools activity, and health care education.
- CALENDAR. // Crain's Detroit Business;11/30/2009, Vol. 25 Issue 46, p40
A calendar of events related to business in Michigan area is presented which includes a seminar "How to Write a Successful Business Plan," to be held on December 2, 2009, in Southfield, Pre-Business Research Workshop to be held on December 8, 2009, in Oakland County, and a seminar "Stem Cells:...
- CALENDAR. // Crain's Detroit Business;12/7/2009, Vol. 25 Issue 47, p28
A calendar of events for Michigan for December 2009 is presented which includes a discussion titled "Stem Cells: The New Frontier of Medical Science," on December 8 in Detroit, Complimentary breakfast for new attendees who are with family-run and closely held businesses at Ramada Plaza Hotel,...
- KEEP TRYING. // Commonweal;2/26/2010, Vol. 137 Issue 4, p6
The article focuses on the results of a long-term research which raised doubts about the theorized parity between induced pluripotent stem cells (iPS) and human embryonic stem cells (hES).
- Italy's stem-cell challenge gaining momentum. Cattaneo, Elena; Cerbai, Elisabetta; Garagna, Silvia // Nature;2/11/2010, Vol. 463 Issue 7282, p729
In this article the author offers insight over the case concerning the decision of Italy to exclude the human embryonic stem cells from a ministerial research funding.
- Panel OKs Money for Stem Cell Clinical Trials. Chambers, Heather // San Diego Business Journal;3/15/2010, Vol. 31 Issue 11, p8
The article reports that the governing board for the state's three billion dollars stem cell institute approved the funding for the development of new stem cell therapies in San Diego, California.
- Scientists react to government indecision. Brown, Phyllida // Nature Medicine;Aug99, Vol. 5 Issue 8, p855
Discusses the government's delay in deciding whether to permit research into the therapeutic use of human embryonic stem cells in Great Britain. Creation of anti-science climate; Reaction of the researchers towards the delay.
- The future for stem cell research. Lovell-Badge, Robin // Nature;11/1/2001, Vol. 414 Issue 6859, p88
Evaluates the future of stem cell research. Political and ethical issue hindering the progress of stem cell research; Therapeutic potential of stem cells; Pressure on medical researchers and scientists to develop novel therapies using stem cells.