Mich. Governor Has Pick for Flint Manager
- The government debt: Don't yawn, do something. McCallum, John // Business Quarterly;Spring93, Vol. 57 Issue 3, p69
Opinion. Comments on the need for managers to be more aggressive in letting their views be known due to the Canadian government debt's being such a serious inhibitor to corporate success. Managers' participation in debates that determine public policy; Deterioration of government finance in...
- Surveyed CEOs find Illinois business climate poor. Mercer, David // Chicago Citizen - Hyde Park Edition;5/9/2012, Vol. 23 Issue 24, p4
The article presents information on a survey conducted on 650 corporate chief executive officers (CEOs) which revealed that they find faults in Illinois as a business center due to tax increases, budget deficits and campaigns aimed at luring the state's businesses elsewhere.
- EXECUTIVE SUMMARY. // Orange County Business Journal;2/10/2003, Vol. 26 Issue 6, p8
Reports developments in California as of February 2003. Termination of chief executive officer Kathy Bronstein by Wet Seal Inc.; Cancellation of library construction plan resulting from state budget deficits; Consolidation of a business unit by Conexant Systems Inc.
- Surveyed CEOs find Illinois business climate poor. Mercer, David // Chicago Citizen - Chicago Weekend Edition;5/9/2012, Vol. 42 Issue 18, p4
The article discusses a survey of 650 corporate chief executive officers (CFO) by Chief Executive Magazine which ranked Illinois in the 48th among the 50 states of the U.S. for its business climate battered by budget deficits, tax increases and public campaigns to lure the state's businesses...
- NEWS IN BRIEF. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;06/11/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31157, p2
Reports developments in bond financing in the United States. Appointment of Kay Stripling as superintendent in the Houston Independent School District; Forecast on the fiscal deficit in Dallas, Texas; Development of the general obligation debt of Madison company.
- Do budget deficits affect long-term interest rates? // International Economy;Summer2003, Vol. 17 Issue 3, p20
Highlights the opinions of various financial executives concerning the impact of federal budget deficits on long-term interest rates in the U.S. Speculations on the motivation of the Bush administration for the budget deficit; Proof to the possibility of deficits to lead to higher interest...
- Idaho Coalition Launches Drive For Tax Increase. // Education Week;12/18/1985, Vol. 5 Issue 16, p3
The article reports on the statewide campaign to support a tax increase to raise education funds. The campaigns initiated by a Boise-based coalition of Idaho business leaders and parent activists. The coalition composed of executives from five of the state's most influential businesses of Boise...
- Dozens of CEOs lend names to 'Fix the Debt'. // PRWeek (U.S. Edition);Dec2012, Vol. 15 Issue 12, p7
The article reports that the chief executive officers (CEOs) of more than 80 U.S. corporations like Delta Airlines, Goldman Sachs and Microsoft Corp. have joined the organization Fix the Debt to appeal to the U.S. Congress to pass legislation to reduce the federal budget deficit.
- Letters to the Editor. Cochrane, Steve; Surz, Ronald J. // Pensions & Investments;2/8/2010, Vol. 38 Issue 3, p10
Several letters to the editor are presented in response to the articles in the previous issues including "Target-date turnaround lowers the heat on managers' returns," in the January 25, 2010 issue and an article related to government deficits at the state level.