NEWS IN BRIEF
- Household Financial Conditions. // Economic Trends (07482922);Nov99, p15
Reports on developments related to household income conditions in the United States as of November 1999. Increase in savings rate; Ratio of consumer debt to disposable personal income; Decline in the debt-to-income ratio.
- RESPONSIVENESS OF BORROWERS TO FINANCE AND CREDIT LIFE INSURANCE RATE CHANGES OF FOUR TYPES OF LENDING INSTITUTIONS. Freund, Peter F.; Aide, Douglas K. // Nebraska Journal of Economics & Business;Spring72, Vol. 11 Issue 2, p3
Examines the growth of consumer credit to appreciate the role it plays in the U.S. economy. Definition of consumer credit by the U.S. Federal Reserve System; Major categories of consumer credit; Models for measuring the responsiveness of borrowers to rate changes.
- The Market Misbehaves. Tice, David W. // On Wall Street;Sep2002, Vol. 12 Issue 9, p81
Discusses the credit markets and the economic status of the U.S. as of September 2002. Charge-off rate in the NextCard portfolio in June 2002; Estimated loss rate for sub-prime credit card loans; Total credit card receivables issuance.
- Rising consumer debt could cloud outlook for economy. Matthews, Gordon // American Banker;8/21/1995, Vol. 160 Issue 160, p1
Reports on the increase in consumer credit in the United States. Implications for economic outlook in the country; Increase in delinquency rates; Decline in job growth; Scheduled meeting of the Federal Reserve Board's Open Market Committee on August 22, 1995 to discuss credit and economic trends.
- Consumer credit up $1.6B in March. Koning, Rachel // Bond Buyer;05/10/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30637, p2
Reports on the increase in consumer credit in the United States in March 1999, according to the Federal Reserve Board.
- Consumer Credit Up $12.0B for Feb. Ferris, Craig T. // Bond Buyer;04/10/2000, Vol. 332 Issue 30867, p2
Reports changes in consumer credit rate based on data released by the Federal Reserve in the United States as of April 2000.
- Typical Credit Mark Off a Point in 2010. Waggoner, Darren // American Banker;1/18/2011, Vol. 176 Issue 9, p5
The article reports that U.S. consumers' average credit score fell one point in 2010, while and average credit card debt fell by 8%, according to the firm Credit Karma Inc.
- Consumer debt could slow 1996 economic engine. Kaslow, Amy // Christian Science Monitor;12/28/95, Vol. 88 Issue 23, p1
Anticipates an economic slowdown in 1996 in US in view of an impending recession as reported on December 27, 1995. Role of consumer debt on the GDP as well as the economy; Related statistics.
- Equifax: Credit Cycle Improving. // American Banker;7/28/2011, Vol. 176 Issue 116, p6
The article presents brief information about a report on U.S. consumer-credit trends which found the credit cycle is growing and stabilizing.