The Grounded Theory Review: An international journal
- Introduction to Part II. Mey, Günter; Mruck, Katja // Historical Social Research - Supplement;2007 Supplement 19, Issue 32, p180
The article discusses various reports published within the issue, including one by Charles Berg and Marianne Milmeister on the use of coding procedures in grounded theory methodology (GTM) research and another by Sharon A. Bong on constructing grounded theory.
- Editorial. Gynnild, Astrid // Grounded Theory Review;Mar2012, Vol. 11 Issue 1, p1
An introduction is presented in which the editor discusses various reports within the issue on topics including writing grounded theory, the use of grounded theory in analyzing secondary data, and the differences between classic and constructivist grounded theory.
- Guest Editorial, Themed Section. Fernandez, Cheri // Grounded Theory Review;Mar2012, Vol. 11 Issue 1, p27
An introduction to the journal is presented in which the guest editor discusses articles on the differences between classic grounded theory and constructivist grounded theory.
- Grounded theory analysis of e-government initiatives: Exploring perceptions of government authorities. Lee, Jungwoo; Kim, Jinhwa // Government Information Quarterly;Jan2007, Vol. 24 Issue 1, p135
Abstract: E-government is one of the primary keywords in information revolution. This study explores perceptions about information systems/information technology (IS/IT) held by government authorities, identifies what problems they have in IS/IT initiatives in governments and how they are...
- The Literature Review in Classic Grounded Theory Studies: A methodological note. Christiansen, �lavur // Grounded Theory Review;Nov2011, Vol. 10 Issue 3, p21
The article focuses on the comparison of literature in classic grounded theory (CGT) studies. A CGT literature review should be discursive in its comparing. The literature review and comparison will be conceptually and not contextually delimited. No comparison is made to literature where...
- The Rediscovery and Resurrection of Bunk Johnson -- a Grounded Theory Approach: A case study in jazz historiography. Ekins, Richard // Grounded Theory Review;Nov2011, Vol. 10 Issue 3, p27
This paper was written in the beginning phase of my transitioning from grounded theory sociologist (Ekins, 1997) to grounded theory musicologist (Ekins, 2010). In particular, it provides preliminary data for a grounded theory of "managing authenticity", the core category/basic social process...
- A Commentary on Ekins (2011). Thulesius, Hans // Grounded Theory Review;Nov2011, Vol. 10 Issue 3, p55
In this article the author discusses preliminary data for a grounded theory of managing authenticity. He says that the theoretical coding of the theory is stimulated and the concepts relate to each other as a typology, process, or any other possible conceptual constellation. He also says that...
- A Grounded Theory of Liberated Identity: Lesbians transcending oppression. Russell, Amy // Grounded Theory Review;Mar2011, Vol. 10 Issue 1, p59
The purpose of this study was to generate theory that emerged based on the conceptualized data from interviews with lesbian women through Classic Grounded Theory methodology. Theory generation is grounded in the unique perspectives of lesbian women's experience in cultural contexts. This is a...
- Coupling career fairy tale "Fascinating Sociology Class". How to teach sociology? The sociology of sociology. Wagner, Izabela // Qualitative Sociology Review;Dec2009, Vol. 5 Issue 3, p26
This paper is a simple account of my teaching experience1, the aim of which is to answer the question: "How can we successfully teach interactionism, labeling theory, grounded theory and other sociological bases related to qualitative methods with the active participation of students?". Through...