- Two Texas school districts are considering a merger. // American School & University Exclusive Insight;7/ 6/2012, p2
The article reports that the Novice and Coleman independent school districts in Texas are considering a merger.
- Infinite Variations On the Theme Of Financial Buying. // Mergers & Acquisitions: The Dealermaker's Journal;Nov/Dec98, Vol. 33 Issue 3, p21
Presents the answers of various top executives in the United States to queries related to mergers and acquisitions (M&A). Includes effect of the M&A market activity on business; Particular areas in the market wherein financial buyers have an edge on winning a bid, or where they are invariably...
- people & plants. // Packaging Digest;Sep2002, Vol. 39 Issue 9, p106
Reports developments related to the packaging industry in the U.S. as of September 2002. Appointment of Gordon Mackenzie as general manager of SICPA North America; Promotion of Ramon Delfin as vice president of sales in Rovema Packaging; Acquisition of Smurfit-Stone Container Corp. by Carauster...
- Suggestions on selling your service firm. Maynard, Roberta // Nation's Business;Feb98, Vol. 86 Issue 2, p10
Presents advice from Stuart R. Kaplan an attorney, for small-business owners to consider when planning to sell a firm. Clarification within the deal; Avoidance of delays; Checking the status of service agreements; Importance of being discreet.
- STRATEGIES AND TACTICS FOR FIGHTING TAKE-OVER. Nesheim, John L. // Business Horizons;Oct70, Vol. 13 Issue 5, p59
How many chief executive officers are prepared to stand off a raider? Success in fighting a take-over bid requires previous preparation of a strategy for defense and immediate application of tactics at the appropriate moment. The author describes defensive action at the four different stages of...
- Final Batchâ€¦. Clary, Isabelle; Comtois, James; Kentouris, Chris; Sandman, John; Schroeder, Mary // Securities Industry News;5/20/2002, Vol. 14 Issue 20, p29
Reports on business developments in the U.S. as of May 2002. Acquisition of Spectra Securities Software by Sanchez Computer Associates; Recruitment of Bertrand Rassat to the position of managing director of Flex Trade Systems; Deals between Moneyline Telerate and TradeWeb.
- Hotz Signs On at Houlihan Lokey. Shearer, Brent // Mergers & Acquisitions: The Dealermaker's Journal;Aug2002, Vol. 37 Issue 8, p31
Reports several appointments of merger and acquisition executives in the U.S. as of August 2002. Selection of veteran Bob Hotz as the co-head of investment banking at Houlihan Lokey Howard & Zukin; Choice for Michael W. Jahnke as business partner of Allen & Overy law firm; Promotion of Brian...
- NEWS IN BRIEF. // Tire Business;4/15/2002, Vol. 20 Issue 1, p4
Reports development of tire business as of April 2002 in the U.S. Acquisition of Mueller Tire & Brake by TBC Corp.; Availability of the retread buyers guide; Nomination of John F. Fiedler to the board of directors of Cooper Tire & Rubber Co.
- District consolidation in Texas an uphill battle. // American School & University Exclusive Insight;3/12/2012, p8
The article focuses on the issue of school district consolidation in Texas.