Analyst Sees Downgrades For State GOs
- Time for Legislature to understand frugal. // Journal of Business (10756124);3/6/2008, Vol. 23 Issue 6, p8
The article comments on the need for Washington lawmakers to propose more modest budgets. According to the author, the reason why lawmakers should learn how to hold down expenditures is because the state budget is already going to spend more than it will take in and the forecasts for the next...
- Regional business. // Wenatchee Business Journal;Sep96, Vol. 10 Issue 9, p64
Reports on economic conditions in Washington State as of September 1996. Includes Sunshine Cleaners' relocation from Chelan to Manson; Marson and Marson Lumber's expansion of its operations; Closure of the Original Gallery Gifts and Fabrics.
- Regional business. // Wenatchee Business Journal;Aug96, Vol. 10 Issue 8, p52
Reports on developments related to economic conditions in Washington state as of August 1996. Includes opening of a driving range in Cashmere; Quincy-based Farmer Bean's expansion of its facility; Construction of Mountain Meadows senior housing complex in Leavenworth.
- Yes, It Was a Very Bad Year. But Now... Williams, Rochelle // Bond Buyer;2/11/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31322, p80A
Focuses on the economic condition of Washington in the fiscal year 2002. Lay off announced by Boeing Co.; Operating revenue budget of the state by the end of fiscal 2002-2003 biennium; Rating of the state by Moody's Investors Service Inc.
- Jobless claims off 5,000 to 314,000. Koning, Rachel // Bond Buyer;04/23/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30626, p2
Reports that the number of initial claims for state unemployment benefits has dropped 5,000 for the week ending April 17, 1999 in Washington.
- Poll: Spokane is less confident in economy. Lind, Treva // Journal of Business (10756124);12/15/2011, Vol. 26 Issue 26, pA3
The article reports on the result of a business confidence survey which shows that business owners from Spokane, Washington are less optimistic in the economy than their counterparts from Bellevue and Wenatchee, Washington.
- State must offer business more than a coffee mug. Morris, Scott // Journal of Business (10756124);9/26/2002, Vol. 17 Issue 20, pA4
Discusses the economic conditions in Washington. Nature of tax distribution; Assessment of the business climate; Establishment of councils to address economic problems.
- 1995--a year when you can be a horse trader. Urdahl, Sara // Wenatchee Business Journal;Jan95, Vol. 9 Issue 1, p10
Opinion. Forecasts the economic conditions of Washington State. Development of the downtown area; Protection of private property rights; Economic development of counties in Washington State.
- Treasury 4-Weeks Go at 0.920% High. Newman, Emily // Bond Buyer;11/19/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31765, p2
Focuses on the financial performance of the Washington Treasury Dept.