Houston Schools Set to Ask Voters For $808.6 Million Authorization
- QZAB Applications. // Bond Buyer;10/18/99, Vol. 330 Issue 30749, p2A
Reports that cities of Bridgeport and New Haven in Connecticut are preparing applications for the state's qualified zone academy bonds to fund school renovations. Selling of bonds that pay corporations federal tax credits in lieu of interest.
- Repeat Victory. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;10/2/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31749, p31
Reports that voters in Winfield, Kansas has approved the issuance of general obligation bonds to build and repair schools. Amount of bonds to be issued; Margin of victory in the election.
- Busing funds would cover Milwaukee schools' new debt. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;6/10/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30659, p31
Reports that the Milwaukee Public Schools in Wisconsin will receive $200 million of bond proceeds for schools under a program to end forced busing. Endorsement of the program by the Wisconsin Legislature's Joint Finance Committee; Inclusion of the bonds in the proposed budget.
- Boston charter-school deal largest to date at $20 million. Harris, Elizabeth E. // Bond Buyer;06/28/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30671, p1
Reports that the MassDevelopment Finance Agency has sold $20.3 million of variable-rate bonds on behalf of the Boston Renaissance Charter School. Pricing of the bonds; Success of Boston Renaissance.
- Louisiana. McKenna, Jon // Bond Buyer;09/04/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30223, p28
Reports on efforts of the citizens committee in Louisiana to study how to handle $1 billion worth of school overhauls in East Baton Rouge Parish, featuring some $450 million worth of bonds. Background on the overhauls; Action needed from the School Board to get a program onto the November 19,...
- Michigan readies sale of college-saver bonds. Williamson, Tammy // Bond Buyer;10/28/97, Vol. 322 Issue 30261, p2
Reports on the sale of higher education bonds for university and other capital projects in Michigan. Total worth of the bonds for sale; Michigan State Building Authority's issuance of the bond that will be insured by Ambac Assurance Corp.
- SOUTHEAST Bond-Watch. Sigo, Shelly; DeSue, Tedra; Vadum, Matthew; Floyd, Daniel F. // Bond Buyer;02/15/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31078, p37
Reports developments related to taxes and bonds in the southeast United States. Tax reform for school funding system in Alabama; Sale of general obligation bonds for schools by Union County in North Carolina; Proceeds from tobacco bonds to aid tobacco growers in South Carolina.
- Alabama School Authority Approves $93.6 Million Revenue Bond Sales. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;7/30/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31191, p38
Focuses on the bond sale approved by Alabama Governor Don Siegelman and Finance Director Henry Mabry. Scheme of the bond agreement; Augmentation of the 2002 education budget; Support for the secondary and higher education.
- Chicago schools may borrow up to $500 million. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;03/25/98, Vol. 323 Issue 30358, p35
Reports that public schools in Chicago, Illinois are expected to seek approval to sell $400 million to $500 million of bonds in 1998. Need for $3 billion for capital improvement projects; Planned allocation of the bond proceeds.