Houston Schools Set to Ask Voters For $808.6 Million Authorization
- Deal preview: Strong buying expected for $180 million issue to help Stanford. Monsarrat, Sean // Bond Buyer;09/03/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30222, p2
Reports that the Bancamerica Securities Inc. expects a strong price to be set on $180 million of top-rated California Educational Facilities Authority bonds for Standford University.
- Election result. Haywood, Charlesetta // Bond Buyer;09/03/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30222, p18
Reports that voters in Pharr-San Juan-Alamo School District Texas have approved a bond issue to finance the construction and renovation of schools.
- Virginia Governor OKs $150 Million in Education Bonds. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;4/10/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31362, p4
Reports on the signing of a legislation authorizing the issuance of higher education facility bonds by Virginia Governor Mark R. Warner. Proposal of a legislation allowing the communities to vote over the proposed increase in local sales tax; List of the bond-related provisions contained in the...
- QZAB Applications. // Bond Buyer;10/18/99, Vol. 330 Issue 30749, p2A
Reports that cities of Bridgeport and New Haven in Connecticut are preparing applications for the state's qualified zone academy bonds to fund school renovations. Selling of bonds that pay corporations federal tax credits in lieu of interest.
- Repeat Victory. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;10/2/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31749, p31
Reports that voters in Winfield, Kansas has approved the issuance of general obligation bonds to build and repair schools. Amount of bonds to be issued; Margin of victory in the election.
- Busing funds would cover Milwaukee schools' new debt. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;6/10/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30659, p31
Reports that the Milwaukee Public Schools in Wisconsin will receive $200 million of bond proceeds for schools under a program to end forced busing. Endorsement of the program by the Wisconsin Legislature's Joint Finance Committee; Inclusion of the bonds in the proposed budget.
- Boston charter-school deal largest to date at $20 million. Harris, Elizabeth E. // Bond Buyer;06/28/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30671, p1
Reports that the MassDevelopment Finance Agency has sold $20.3 million of variable-rate bonds on behalf of the Boston Renaissance Charter School. Pricing of the bonds; Success of Boston Renaissance.
- Education. Ward, Andrew // Bond Buyer;08/15/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30210, p12A
Reports on the performance of education bonds in the United States for the first half of 1997. Rebounding of supply in the second quarter; Issuance; Refundings; New issues; Elementary and secondary schools capital needs; Bonds for colleges and universities; Underwriters.
- Louisiana. McKenna, Jon // Bond Buyer;09/04/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30223, p28
Reports on efforts of the citizens committee in Louisiana to study how to handle $1 billion worth of school overhauls in East Baton Rouge Parish, featuring some $450 million worth of bonds. Background on the overhauls; Action needed from the School Board to get a program onto the November 19,...