Calendar Stays Light as Muni Market Continues to Rally
- Low-Coupons at Risk As Interest Rates Rise. Tax Costs Loom. Johnson, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;4/21/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31867, p1
Focuses on the impact of rebound in interest rates with federal tax rule for several municipal bonds issued at par or at a discount. Increase in tax-exempt bond yields; Percentage of increase in yield on 30-year triple-A general obligation bonds; Tax implications for issued bonds with low cuopons.
- Following the Curve. Scarchilli, Michael // Bond Buyer;5/31/2007, Vol. 360 Issue 32640, p1
The article provides updates concerning municipal bond market yield curve in the U.S. for 2007. It has been expected that as floating-rate securities offer attractive alternatives, short-term fixed rates may get cheaper in the tax-exempt bond market. On the short-end of the municipal yield...
- Munis Finish Session Lower as FOMC Minutes Confirm Pending Rate Hikes. Johnson, Anastasija; Curran, Bill // Bond Buyer;10/12/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32236, p2
Reports on the condition of the municipal bond market in the U.S. Confirmation that more interest rate hikes are forthcoming due to inflation concerns; Increase in tax-exempt yields; Effect of Treasury market losses on the bond market.
- Analyst: Interest Rate Rise Likely To Lead Taxable Funds to Munis. Fine, Jacob // Bond Buyer;1/30/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31811, p1
Reports on the prediction of an increase in interest rates to lead taxable funds to municipal bonds. Anticipation from taxable fund managers to a municipal asset class to cushion the impact of ascending yields on the price performance of their funds; Strong track record of tax-exempt bonds that...
- MARKET STATISTICS. // Bond Buyer;5/13/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31883, p36
Presents charts on municipal bonds in the United States, as of May 13, 2004. Short-term tax-exempt yields; U.S. securities prices; Reoffering yields; Bond prices; Upcoming bond issues.
- MARKET STATISTICS. // Bond Buyer;9/26/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31728, p36
Presents charts depicting market statistics as of September 2003 in the U.S. Short-term tax-exempt yields; U.S security prices; Municipal bond prices.
- Market statistics. // Bond Buyer;03/02/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30589, p29
Presents data on municipal bonds in the United States as of March 2, 1999. Market indicators; Short-term tax-exempt yields; Securities prices; Municipal market data general obligation yields; Reoffering yields; Futures markets; Municipal bond index; Municipal bond prices.
- MUNICIPAL RANKINGS. // Investment Dealers' Digest;01/08/2001, Vol. 67 Issue 1, p52
Ranks municipal bond issues in the United States based on principal amount in the year 2000. Book runners; Comparison with 1999 figures; All tax-exempt municipal bond issues; Municipal tax-exempt negotiated bond issues; Municipal tax-exempt competitive bond issues; Tax-exempt revenue bond...
- Market statistics. // Bond Buyer;07/27/99, Vol. 329 Issue 30691, p29
Presents charts and graphs depicting results of securities trading in the United States, on July 26, 1999. Includes short-term tax-exempt yields; Securities prices; Municipal bond prices.