Bill Would Beef Up Highway Trust Fund
- Imaginary majority. Brooks, Dan // Missoula Independent;4/25/2013, Vol. 24 Issue 17, p10
The article offers information on fall of Manchin-Toomey amendment that was favored by votes of four Senate Democrats including Max Baucus, the senior senator from Montana.
- Heard On The Hillï¿½. // AHA News;2/18/2008, Vol. 44 Issue 4, Special section p4
The article presents quotations from U.S. legislators on issues related to hospitals and medical care, including Senator Max Baucus on Medicare and Medicaid, Representative James E. Clyburn on the American Hospital Association (AHA) and Senator Lamar Alexander on the contributions of the AHA.
- PLAYER OF THE WEEK: SEN. MAX BAUCUS (D-MONT.). // Hill;9/21/2010, Vol. 17 Issue 101, p40
The article features U.S. Senator Max Baucus.
- Powerful Senator Warns of Potential Abuse in Internet Tax. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;8/2/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31194, p4
Reports on the concern of senator Max Baucus on the potential abuse in Internet tax on allowing the tax out-of-state transactions in the United States. Threat of the legislation on TrainNow.net; Votation on the extension of the Internet access tax moratorium; Opposition of tax increases by...
- NUCLEAR GAMES. Swanson, Ian // Hill;6/18/2008, Vol. 15 Issue 71, p14
The article reports on the impact of the legislation, proposed by Finance Chairman Max Baucus, that would restrict sanctions on Iran, but could prevent the enactment of the 123 Agreement, which prohibits the trade of nuclear goods and services with Russia.
- AGENDA. Laich, Molly // Missoula Independent;8/4/2011, Vol. 22 Issue 31, p12
The article reports that the women of Missoula, Montana plan a "Stroller Brigade" and aim to march from Caras Park to the office of Senator Max Baucus asking for the support of the Safe Chemicals Act. on August 10, 2011.
- AT PRESS TIME. // Investment Advisor;Oct2011, Vol. 31 Issue 10, p13
The article reports on the plan of Max Baucus, Chairman of the U.S. Senate Finance Committee, in convening two hearing on tax reform on September 14 and 15, 2011.
- Catching up with Baucus. Sakariassen, Alex // Missoula Independent;5/9/2013, Vol. 24 Issue 19, p6
The article presents the views of U.S. Senator Max Baucus on his retirement in 2014 and his choice on the prospective candidates for his position including Republicans Corey Stapleton and Champ Edmunds.
- Baucus: healthcare legislation can be priced under $1 trillion. // Medical Device Daily;6/29/2009, Vol. 13 Issue 123, p2
The article reports on a set of health legislation options introduced by the U.S. Congressional Budget Office (CBO) which could be valued under $1 trillion within a 10-year timeframe and expand coverage to 97 percent of Americans. According to Senate Finance Committee Chairman Max Baucus, the...