IRS Postpones Two Hearings
- Short on Speakers, IRS Cancels Acquisition-Financing Meeting. Kinnander, Ola // Bond Buyer;8/1/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31440, p4
Reports the decision of the U.S. Internal Revenue Service to postpone its public hearing on the proposed acquisition and financing rules. Issuance of tax-exempt hospital merger debt; Factors contributing to the delay of the hearing; Administration of the tax-exempt bond enforcement program.
- Congress must end terror by IRS audit. Reagan, Michael // Human Events;10/10/97, Vol. 53 Issue 38, p20
Focuses on the US Senate Finance Committee's hearings into auditing abuses committed by the Internal Revenue Service (IRS). Use of secret quota systems at the IRS; IRS's favoritism for powerful people; Clinton administration's alleged use of the agency to punish enemies and silence opposition.
- Why the IRS Scandals Make It Hard to Fix the IRS. Cook, Nancy // National Journal;6/8/2013, p17
The article talks about the U.S. Internal Revenue Service (IRS) and the effects of IRS scandals on tax reform. These scandals include Treasury Department reports, ongoing congressional hearings and a criminal investigation that all point to the necessity of a revision of the U.S. tax code. These...
- Regulations Pertaining to the Disclosure of Return Information To Carry Out Eligibility Requirements for Health Insurance Affordability Programs; Hearing Cancellation. VanDyke, LaNita // Federal Register;8/15/2012, Vol. 77 Issue 158, p48922
The article informs about a notice issued by the U.S. Internal Revenue Services (IRS) Department of the Treasury informing cancellation of hearing on regulations pertaining to disclosure of return information to carry out eligibility requirements for Health Insurance Affordability Programs.
- The IRS Was Built to Be Tone Deaf. Cook, Nancy // National Journal;5/25/2013, p11
The article deals with the controversy over the U.S. Internal Revenue Service's (IRS) screening of tax-exempt organizations known as 501(c)(4)s. Details are reported on the congressional hearing held to investigate the scandal. The culture or internal environment that has developed in the agency...
- Justice will investigate. Investor's Business Daily // Investors Business Daily;7/17/2014, pA02
Justice will investigate lost IRS emails, the department will reportedly announce at a congressional hearing Thu. The probe will center on emails from Lois Lerner, former head of the tax-exempt unit that targeted GOP groups.
- IRS says not-for-profit systems' deal won't affect their tax status. Burda, David // Modern Healthcare;1/22/96, Vol. 26 Issue 4, p4
Reports that consolidation of management for two non-profit hospital systems won't result in any problems, according to a ruling by the US Internal Revenue Service. Terms of the partnership arrangements; Hospitals' financial link through two annual payment requirements; Key question posed...
- IRS Eyes Deals. Haugh, Richard // H&HN: Hospitals & Health Networks;Jul2000, Vol. 74 Issue 7, p16
Focuses on the auditing effort of the United States Internal Revenue Service (IRS) on how hospital deals are financed. Financing method used for auditing; Healthcare systems being audited; Comments from Mark Scott, IRS national director of compliance.
- IRS issues guidance on hospitals' not-for-profit/for-profit joint ventures. // hfm (Healthcare Financial Management);May98, Vol. 52 Issue 5, p9
Focuses on the revenue ruling issued by the US Internal Revenue Services (IRS) regarding the issue of whether a 501(c)(3) hospital can continue to qualify for tax exemption when it forms a joint venture with a for-profit corporation. Overview of the ruling; Effect of the ruling on existing...