Wisconsin Legislature Considers $1.1B Budget Repair Bill
- WISCONSIN: McCallum Meets. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;12/5/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31278, p39
Reports on the efforts of governor of Wisconsin Scott McCallum to reduce the state's budget deficit. Estimated budget deficit of the state; Proposed reduction in the budget spending.
- Citing Deficit, Governor Now Proposes Wis. Delay Exam. Blair, Julie // Education Week;2/13/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 22, p23
Focuses on the debate over a high school graduation exam in Wisconsin, and the outlook for a delay in its implementation under a proposal by Governor Scott McCallum. Description of the test, which is being developed by CTB/McGraw Hill; Cost to produce the test that is scheduled to be...
- Facing Structural Deficit, Wisconsin Governor Slashes Budget. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;9/4/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31216, p48
No abstract available.
- Wisconsin Governor: Budget Shortfall May Top $1.3B. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;12/18/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31287, p4
Focuses on the economic conditions of Wisconsin in the fiscal year 2001. Increase in the budget deficit; Estimated amount of the budget deficit; Analysis of governor, Scott McCallum on the increasing budget deficit.
- Wisconsin Governor Proposes Tobacco Funds to Plug Budget. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;1/23/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31309, p3
Reports on the measures planned by the Governor of Wisconsin Scott McCallum to reduce the state's budget deficit. Plans to utilize proceeds from a proposed tobacco securitization; Criticism of the plan by the Democratic Party; Importance of the plan to improve the economic aspects of the state.
- Take back the night. // Fedgazette;Nov2001, Vol. 13 Issue 6, p15
Reports on the law which allows Minnesota state residents to put phone numbers on a no-call list for telemarketing firms. Action taken by Minnesota Governor Scott McCallum before signing the bill into law; Exemptions under the law.
- Wisconsin Governor's Budget Threatens Massive Library Cuts. Flagg, Gordon // American Libraries;Apr2002, Vol. 33 Issue 4, p20
Focuses on the anticipated cuts in library funding by Wisconsin, as proposed by Governor Scott McCallum. Issue of the state's billion dollar-plus budget deficit, which will reduce state aid to municipalities; Campaign being led by the Wisconsin Library Association to oppose the cuts; Outlook...
- Kansas Cuts $312 Million Shortfall, Considers '04 Tax Hike. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;2/18/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31574, p6
Reports that Kansas governor Kathleen Sebelius is expected to sign legislation which virtually eliminates multi-million dollars revenue shortfall for the fiscal year 2003. Possible increase in tax; Dependence on Kansas Department of Transportation and local government; Concerns about increasing...
- Missouri Lawmakers Warming to Rainy-Day, Tobacco Funds. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;4/29/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31375, p3
Reports the budget deficit faced by the lawmakers in Missouri. Proposal of Governor Bob Holden on rainy-day fund and tobacco settlement funds; Amount of the deficit; Bond sales in the state.