Municipal Prices Finish Unchanged
- Muni Yields Rise Two Basis Points; N.Y.C. TFA Prices $550 Million. Chesla, Nicholas // Bond Buyer;4/2/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31606, p2
Municipal bond yields rose two basis points on April 2, 2003, while in the new-issue market underwriters priced 550 million dollars of New York City Transitional Finance Authority future-tax-secured bonds. Treasuries were mostly lower while equities gained, in part due to renewed speculation...
- Munis end 1/4 to 3/8 point higher; retail trading becomes very active. Showalter, Monica // Bond Buyer;10/29/99, Vol. 330 Issue 30758, p2
Presents an update on municipal retail trading in the United States on October 28, 1999. Factors cited for the improved performance of the municipal bond market; Effect of rising prices on institutional investors; Increase in stock prices.
- Munis Steady to Weaker Ahead of $8.3B New Issue Calendar. Barnett, Chip; Weitzman, Aaron // Bondbuyer.com;1/8/2016, p1
Top-rated municipal bonds were steady to weaker in light activity at mid-session, traders said, while Treasuries turned narrowly mixed as stocks moved lower after the release of a stronger-than-expected jobs report.
- Munis Rise, Lifted by Treasuries; Employment Report Spurs Rally. Chesla, Nicholas; Johnson, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;3/9/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31837, p2
Reports on the performance of the municipal bond market in the United States as of March 9, 2004. Employment report in February; Weaker-than-expected labor market data.
- Munis Little Changed as Treasuries Go Negative on Strong Jobs Data. Chesla, Nicholas; Johnson, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;6/7/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31899, p2
Reports on the performance of the bond market in the U.S. on June 4, 2004. Stability of municipal bonds; Impact of the May 2004 employment report on the Treasuries; Growth in the labor market; Impact of the growth of the labor market on interest rates.
- Bonds start week by posting gains. Polyak, Ilana // Bond Buyer;11/10/98, Vol. 326 Issue 30518, p1
Reports on the performance of the United States bond market in November 9, 1998. Lackluster session for municipals; Treasury market; Long bond yield; Fixed-income gains; Dow Jones industrial average; Retail-oriented municipal trading.
- MARKET INDEX. // Grand Rapids Business Journal;9/6/2005, Vol. 23 Issue 37, p24
Presents data related to business in Grand Rapids, Michigan as of September 2005. Weekly stock analysis update; Municipal bond current market levels; Selected commodity prices.
- Muni Yields Rise 1-2 Basis Points As N.Y. Tobacco Opens for Retail. Chesla, Nicholas; Johnson, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;6/9/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31652, p2
This article presents information on performance of bond market on June 6, 2003. Municipal bond yields rose one or two basis points while underwriters opened a retail order period on 2.2 billion dollars of New York State Tobacco Settlement Financing Corp. asset-backed tobacco bonds. Government...
- Municipals Gain, Treasuries Soar; Stocks Fall After Anemic Numbers. Monsarrat, Sean; Chesla, Nicholas // Bond Buyer;9/4/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31461, p2
Reports developments on the bond market in the U.S. as of September 2002. Growth in municipal bonds; Foreign equity of the government; Total bids and offerings for the brokerage system of Hartfield, Titus & Donnelly LLC.