Municipal Prices Finish Unchanged
- Muni Yields Rise Two Basis Points; N.Y.C. TFA Prices $550 Million. Chesla, Nicholas // Bond Buyer;4/2/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31606, p2
Municipal bond yields rose two basis points on April 2, 2003, while in the new-issue market underwriters priced 550 million dollars of New York City Transitional Finance Authority future-tax-secured bonds. Treasuries were mostly lower while equities gained, in part due to renewed speculation...
- Munis end 1/4 to 3/8 point higher; retail trading becomes very active. Showalter, Monica // Bond Buyer;10/29/99, Vol. 330 Issue 30758, p2
Presents an update on municipal retail trading in the United States on October 28, 1999. Factors cited for the improved performance of the municipal bond market; Effect of rising prices on institutional investors; Increase in stock prices.
- Munis Steady to Weaker Ahead of $8.3B New Issue Calendar. Barnett, Chip; Weitzman, Aaron // Bondbuyer.com;1/8/2016, p1
Top-rated municipal bonds were steady to weaker in light activity at mid-session, traders said, while Treasuries turned narrowly mixed as stocks moved lower after the release of a stronger-than-expected jobs report.
- Munis Rise, Lifted by Treasuries; Employment Report Spurs Rally. Chesla, Nicholas; Johnson, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;3/9/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31837, p2
Reports on the performance of the municipal bond market in the United States as of March 9, 2004. Employment report in February; Weaker-than-expected labor market data.
- Munis Little Changed as Treasuries Go Negative on Strong Jobs Data. Chesla, Nicholas; Johnson, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;6/7/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31899, p2
Reports on the performance of the bond market in the U.S. on June 4, 2004. Stability of municipal bonds; Impact of the May 2004 employment report on the Treasuries; Growth in the labor market; Impact of the growth of the labor market on interest rates.
- Muni Yields Rise 1-2 Basis Points As N.Y. Tobacco Opens for Retail. Chesla, Nicholas; Johnson, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;6/9/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31652, p2
This article presents information on performance of bond market on June 6, 2003. Municipal bond yields rose one or two basis points while underwriters opened a retail order period on 2.2 billion dollars of New York State Tobacco Settlement Financing Corp. asset-backed tobacco bonds. Government...
- Municipals Gain, Treasuries Soar; Stocks Fall After Anemic Numbers. Monsarrat, Sean; Chesla, Nicholas // Bond Buyer;9/4/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31461, p2
Reports developments on the bond market in the U.S. as of September 2002. Growth in municipal bonds; Foreign equity of the government; Total bids and offerings for the brokerage system of Hartfield, Titus & Donnelly LLC.
- Municipals Steady After 2-Day Fall; Governments Gain on Stock Fallout. Monsarrat, Sean; Chesla, Nicholas // Bond Buyer;9/30/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31481, p2
Reports developments on the bond market in the U.S. as of September 2002. Status of municipal bonds; Decline in equities; Increase in the price deflator and index.
- Inflows Keep on Coming, With Another $222M. Fine, Jacob // Bond Buyer;10/16/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32487, p7
The article reports on the $221.52 million net inflow in the municipal bond mutual funds for the week ending October 11, 2006 in the U.S. An increase of $518.5 million have been observed for the four-week moving average. Total assets have stood at $358.18 billion. The weekly reporting for equity...