N.Y. Cracks The Whip on Underwriters
- Market Post: NYC, Port Authority Deals Take Center Stage. Smith, Kate // Bond Buyer;8/12/2014, Vol. 1 Issue 34159, p1
The article focuses on the economic aspects of general obligation deals between the Empire State building in New York and New York City and the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey, as of August 2014. Topics discussed include inclusion of 2015 Series A and B bonds in a 900 million dollars...
- New York's McCall sounds off against back-door borrowing. Kruger, Daniel // Bond Buyer;04/20/98, Vol. 324 Issue 30375, p1
Reports on New York State Comptroller H. Carl McCall's view on the reasons why the state's bond ratings are declining. Plan by legislature to increase `back-door borrowing' in fiscal 1999 budget; Criticism of state's tendency to borrow; Projected outstanding debt of state by the year 2003.
- Lighting the Empire with savings. // Buildings;Dec95, Vol. 89 Issue 12, p16
Looks at the benefits achieved by the Empire State Building in New York City after using the Specular+reflector fixtures. Advantages; Reason for using the Specular fixtures; Who recommended the use of such fixtures; Comments; Manufactures of Specular+.
- TOP JOB. // Science World (Teacher's Edition);03/26/2001, Vol. 57 Issue 12, p5
Features the experience of worker Deke Johnson in changing two light bulbs that are used as aircraft-warning beacons on top of the Empire State Building in New York City.
- Touching other bases. Atkin, Ross // Christian Science Monitor;2/20/96, Vol. 88 Issue 58, p14
Offers a basketball quiz and information on the 1996 Empire State Building Run-Up. Background information on Run-Up; Answer to quiz.
- Empire State Building takes advantage of in-house environmental consulting service. // Buildings;Jan1993, Vol. 87 Issue 1, p22
Introduces Empire State Building's in-house environmentalist tenant CON-TEST Inc. Integrated management systems; Tenancy at the facility; Contact information.
- City lights. Barad, Vivian // New York;9/12/94, Vol. 27 Issue 36, p37
Reports on the Empire State Building's use of pink lighting at the top of the building to support breast cancer research in September 1994. Management of the building by the Helmsley family.
- High anxiety. // People;8/28/95, Vol. 44 Issue 9, p58
Features the rescue mission of emergency medical technician Adam Brynes at the 80th floor of the Empire State Building in New York City. Treatment of injured tourists inside elevator; Reaction to the rescue operation.
- Tourist massacre fuels a gun spat. Gest, Ted // U.S. News & World Report;3/10/97, Vol. 122 Issue 9, p37
Reports on the response to the massacre carried out by Palestinian Ali Abu Kamal atop the Empire State Building. The concern over gun control.