Emerald Casinos, Illinois Have an Agreement, But ï¿½
- State's Gaming Board makes right casino call. // Crain's Chicago Business;02/05/2001, Vol. 24 Issue 6, p10
Discusses the Illinois Gaming Board's rejection of a plan to build a casino in Rosemont, Illinois. Reason for the rejection of an investor group's bid to build the casino; Point put across by the state's gambling regulators.
- Gaming Board stacking deck with casino deal. // Crain's Chicago Business;1/28/2002, Vol. 25 Issue 4, p10
Reports the settlement deal for the casino licenses of MGM Mirage Inc. and Emerald Casino Inc. with the Illinois Gaming Board. Amount on the casino license of MGM; Reason for the confiscation of the license of Emerald; Lawsuit filed against the board by Emerald.
- STATE PANEL PROBING RIVERBOAT. Richardson, Patricia // Crain's Chicago Business;09/11/2000, Vol. 23 Issue 38, p1
Reports on the Illinois Gaming Board's examination of allegations that Alton-based Argosy Gaming Co. defrauded shareholders and violated state regulations. Argosy's business dealings which resulted in the state probe; Reasons for the board's increased scrutiny of the casino industry; Lawsuit...
- Gaming board sinks Par-A-Dice sale. // Crain's Chicago Business;7/24/95, Vol. 18 Issue 30, p38
Reports on Illinois Gaming Board's rejection of the $150 million sale of the Par-A-Dice Riverboat Casino to National Gaming Corp.
- Compulsive gambling plan needs reshuffling. // Crain's Chicago Business;01/01/2001, Vol. 24 Issue 1, p8
Editorial. Criticizes the Illinois Gaming Board's proposal to contain compulsive gambling. Plan in favor of casinos; Need penalizing compulsive gamblers and casinos alike.
- Compulsive-gambling crackdown floated. Richardson, Patricia // Crain's Chicago Business;12/18/2000, Vol. 23 Issue 52, p1
Reports on the charge by critics on the proposal by Illinois Gaming Board aimed at keeping problem gamblers out of casinos in Illinois. Role of proposal in letting casinos profit from compulsive gambling according to the critics; Target fund of confiscated winnings of problem gamblers;...
- Illinois Gaming Board Picks Three Bidders for Casino License. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;2/26/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31829, p27
The Illinois Gaming Board has chosen three finalists who will bid for the Emerald Casino gaming license in a process that is meant to end a year-long debate over who will build a riverboat casino in Chicago. The board chose three bids out of seven, with the winning proposals coming from Harrah's...
- Bankruptcy Court to Review Illinois' Emerald Casino Decision. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;3/17/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31843, p30
Focuses on the hearing set by the federal bankruptcy court to review final decision by the Illinois Gaming Board to award Isle of Capri Casinos Inc. a license to build a casino in the village of Rosemont, Illinois. Number of months to build the casino; Area of the gaming facility; Other bidders...
- Illinois Gaming Board to Auction Floating Casino License. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;3/8/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31836, p37
Reports on the auction conducted by the Illinois Gaming Board for the license of Emerald Casinos Inc. floating casino in Chicago, Illinois. Amount of the license; Number of companies vie for the casino license; Factors considered by the Board about the auction.