West Virginia Hospital Recovers From Default
- Reform, bond default link seen. Pallarito, Karen // Modern Healthcare;3/14/94, Vol. 24 Issue 11, p4
Reports on findings from a study on hospital defaults by Michael M. McCue and Jan P. Clement, health administration professors at Virginia Commonwealth University's Medical College of Virginia. Average debt-service coverage ratio for defaulted and non-defaulting hospitals; Amounts of debt by...
- Chicago's Mercy Hospital Defaults, Is Dropped to D. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;1/6/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31794, p32
Reports that Mercy Hospital has defaulted on a portion of a debt payment owed to bondholders in Chicago, Illinois. Rating of the hospital's outstanding debt; Operating losses incurred by the hospital; Impact of the default on the hospital's outstanding debt sold in 1992 and 1996 through the...
- James Hotel Owner at Risk of Loan Defaults. // Lodging Hospitality Exclusive Insight;3/15/2012, p4
The article reports that Denihan Hospitality Group, owner of the James Hotel in River North in Chicago, Illinois, is in danger of defaulting on 125 million U.S. dollars in debt due in 2012.
- THE WEEK. // Crain's Cleveland Business;4/6/2009, Vol. 30 Issue 14, p27
The article offers news briefs related to business enterprises in Cleveland, Ohio. Medina General Hospital has agreed to become part of the Cleveland Clinic Health System. Serpentini Chevrolet was ordered to pay back more than $17 million in loans from KeyBank Corp. on which it had defaulted....
- N.Y.'s Crouse Hospital May Default on $35.5 Million of 1996 Bonds. McKaig, Ryan // Bond Buyer;6/27/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31169, p40
Reports on Syracuse, New York-based Crouse Hospitals' possible default on a $35.51 million in taxable revenue bonds issued in 1996. Analysts' views on the hospital's ability to make payments; Ratings of the bonds.
- Global Default Rate Drops to 2.44%. Sheahan, Matthew // High Yield Report;1/24/2011, Vol. 22 Issue 4, p21
This article reports on a decline in the speculative-grade default rate in the U.S. in January 2011.
- Default Rates: How Low Can They Go? // High Yield Report;8/9/2004, Vol. 15 Issue 32, p4
Reports that the global speculative-grade default rate has dropped to 2.9 percent in July from a revised rate of 3.4 percent in June 2004 in the U.S.
- Can HAMP Prevent 'Strategic Defaults'? Collins, Brian // National Mortgage News;5/24/2010, Vol. 34 Issue 34, p8
The article focuses on the effectiveness of the Home Affordable Modification Program in preventing strategic defaults in the U.S.
- Contact dispute, bond default, and bankruptcy in Florida. Molis, Jim // Bond Buyer;09/05/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30224, p34
Reports that US Bankruptcy Court Judge Paul G. Hyman Jr. has denied a motion by bankrupt developers in Palm Beach County, Florida to reconsider his earlier decision which remanded to state courts a contract dispute that triggered the default of $288 million in revenue bonds. Background on the...