Arkansas Official Lays Out School Funding Argument
- Senate panel backs $22 million for school repairs in D.C. Sack, Joetta L. // Education Week;05/07/97, Vol. 16 Issue 32, p20
Reports that the Senate Appropriations Committee has approved a broad federal spending bill that includes funds for emergency repairs for public schools in the District of Columbia area. Senator Lauch Faircloth's announcement of his intention to push for more money for teacher training in the...
- Federal, state funding boost technology in public schools. // Westchester County Business Journal;1/7/2002, Vol. 41 Issue 1, p17
Focuses on the federal and state government funding to boost technology in K-12 public schools in Westchester County, New York. Implementation of technology strategies; Improvement of student-to-computer ratio; Growth of Internet access.
- School Funding Inequities: A Statistical Analysis Examining The Adequacy of Funding for Capital Outlay in North Carolina Schools. Jones, Enid B.; Johnson, Joseph; Bell, Genniver; McFarley, George // Research for Educational Reform;2003, Vol. 8 Issue 1, p3
Examines the adequacy of federal aid to North Carolina public schools by statistical analysis. Local fiscal responsibility for capital facilities; Evaluation of the equity of a state's plan for funding schools; Importance of school facilities to learning.
- State Data Relating to Discussion. // Congressional Digest;Feb46, Vol. 25 Issue 2, p42
Presents a chart depicting the federal funds for public schools in the U.S.
- Career Education Program. // Education Digest;Oct1972, Vol. 38 Issue 2, p68
The article reports that aided by a $250,000 U.S. federal grant, the Peoria, Illinois, public school system is developing and testing a new elementary school curriculum based on the concept of career education. The main objective of the program will be to assist students in defining their career...
- Kansas Supreme Court Blocks Order Closing State's Public Schools. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;5/20/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31888, p40
Reports on the move of the State Supreme Court to block the ruling of a lower court which calls for a stop in the funding of public schools in Kansas. Basis of the ruling; Considerations of legal professionals on the state funding formula; Legal uncertainty arising from the district court...
- Should the Public School System be Subsidizes by Federal Funds? Pro. Kefauver, Estes // Congressional Digest;Feb46, Vol. 25 Issue 2, p44
Focuses on the advantages of subsidizing the public school system by federal funds in the U.S. Importance of education to the creation and maintenance of a high economic and social status for the people in the country; Discussion of devising methods of school finance; Details on the legislative...
- Should the Public School System be Subsidizes by Federal Funds? Pro. Lindlof, Johanna M. // Congressional Digest;Feb46, Vol. 25 Issue 2, p58
Focuses on the support of the American Federation of Teachers to the principle of Federal aid for education in the U.S. Effort of the organization to achieve Federal aid for public schools; Availability of Federal funds for education to public schools and of nonpublic schools; Details on the...
- Should the Public School System be Subsidizes by Federal Funds? Con. Cowles, John H. // Congressional Digest;Feb46, Vol. 25 Issue 2, p49
Criticizes the principle of Federal financial aid to schools in the U.S. Limitation of aid to tax-supported free public schools; Preparation of children in the basic subjects of learning; Re-establishment of the union of church and state.