California Audit Finds L.A. School District's Building Plan Is &1.7B Short
- School officials seek ways to reduce deficit. Sanders, Ramona C. // Collinsville Herald;8/29/2012, Vol. 54 Issue 35, pA1
The article discusses the plans of the Collinsville School District in Illinois to form a committee to address the district's increasing budget deficit, and provides information on the budget problems faced by the district.
- Tight Budgets Squeeze Classrooms. // International Musician;Apr2011, Vol. 109 Issue 4, p8
The article reports on the aim of parents and educators to shrink class sizes, as school districts face teacher layoffs and budget cuts in the U.S.
- Voters reject 2 of 3 school budget overrides. // Inside Tucson Business;3/15/2010, Vol. 19 Issue 42, p4
The article reports on the rejection of the voters on the request of the two school districts in Marana and Flowing Wells, Arizona to override state budget limitations to help offset state budget cuts.
- Fort Zumwalt faces projected $3M deficit. Castile, Raymond // St. Charles Journal;1/11/2012, Vol. 47 Issue 2, pA5
The article reports on the projected three million U.S. dollar deficit faced by the Fort Zumwalt School District in O'Fallon, Missouri by the end of the school year in 2012.
- Another multi-million dollar deficit for Collinsville. Latham, Adam // Collinsville Herald;10/3/2012, Vol. 54 Issue 40, pA5
The author shares his opinions on the budget deficit facing the Collinsville Unit 10 School District for 2012-2013.
- TROUBLED PITTSBURGH SCHOOL DISTRICT FACES LARGE DEFICIT. Branch, Al // Curriculum Administrator;Jan2001, Vol. 37 Issue 1, p10
Reports on the plans of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, schools superintendent John Thompson to meet the school district's multi-million dollar deficit. Possible closure of 18 schools; Raising of taxes by 20%.
- Falls City ISD adopts deficit budget for 2015-16. Gibbs Jr., William J. // Wilson County News;9/9/2015, Vol. 42 Issue 36, p14A
The article offers information about the Falls City Independent School District's budgetary shortfall and tax bills.
- More State, Local Bonding Seen for Strapped Maryland Schools. Newman, Emily // Bond Buyer;12/8/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31776, p40
Reports budget deficits on school districts in Maryland. Increase in the compensation for the lower amount of general fund dollars available to fund capital projects; Management of the budget shortfall; Cause of fiscal difficulties; Allocation of the pay-as-you-go funds.
- He said: Taxpayer-funded turf increases deficit. Latham, Adam // Collinsville Herald;10/5/2011, Vol. 53 Issue 50, pA7
The author explores his views on the seven million U.S. dollar deficit incurred by the Collinsville School District's budget for 2012.