NEWS IN BRIEF
- FAR WEST Bond-Watch. Finestone, Deborah; Williams, Rochelle // Bond Buyer;8/2/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31441, p35
Reports economic developments in the U.S. as of August 2002. Price for the general obligation bonds of the Alaska Municipal Bond Bank; Increase of state funding by the school districts; Selection of Katy Coba to the position of interim director of the Oregon Economic and Community Development...
- State and local government fiscal position in 1993. Sullivan, David F. // Survey of Current Business;Mar94, Vol. 74 Issue 3, p30
Discusses the decline in fiscal surplus posted by state and local governments in 1993. Slowdown of receipts and expenditures; Impact of tax law changes; Likelihood of surplus gains in 1994.
- Understanding the Reagan Deficits. Campen, James T. // Educational Leadership;Oct86, Vol. 44 Issue 2, p76
Focuses on the U.S. budget deficits during the administration of U.S. President Ronald Reagan. Increase in budget deficits during the term of Reagan; Limitations of the efforts of the Reagan administration to control the budget deficit and balance the national budget; Links between the budget...
- NEWS IN BRIEF. Floyd, Daniel F.; Siegel, Gary E. // Bond Buyer;03/01/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31087, p2
Reports developments related to public finance in the United States as of March 2001. Speech of Federal Reserve Chairman Alan Greenspan on the economy and consumer confidence; Increase of the gross domestic product for the fourth quarter of 2000; Announcement on buyback of the outstanding...
- From the TM3 wire. Monsarrat, Sean; Kruger, Daniel // Bond Buyer;09/25/98, Vol. 325 Issue 30486, p2
Presents news briefs related to public finance in the United States, as of September 25, 1998. Includes yield of sewer system revenue bonds in Portland, Oregon; Cost of New York City's plans to require adult welfare recipients to get private sector jobs; Growth of the national economy in the...
- NEWS IN BRIEF. Floyd, Daniel F.; Vadum, Matthew; Siegel, Gary E. // Bond Buyer;12/22/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31043, p2
Reports developments on public finance in the United States as of December 2000. Growth of the economy; Increase of the core inflation; Rise of first-time applicants for Washington unemployment benefits; Decline in the performance of the manufacturing sector.
- FEDERAL FINANCE. // Economic Indicators;Nov2007, Vol. 112 Issue 11, p32
Several charts and graphs that show U.S. federal finance statistics are presented, including federal receipts, outlays and debt, federal receipts by source and outlays by function and federal current receipts and expenditures.
- Assessment and recommendations. // OECD Economic Surveys: United States;Dec2005, Vol. 2005 Issue 8, p11
The article examines the condition of the U.S. economy and offers some recommendations. Ensuring fiscal sustainability as well as improving fiscal relations between levels of government are among the factors that could sustain economic expansion and good economic performance. According to the...
- ECONOMIC OUTLOOK FOR THE UNITED STATES. Coplan, Lee // CIBC Observations;Mar2000, Vol. 8 Issue 3, p7
Details updates on the economic condition of the United States as of March 2000. Includes the growth of budget surplus in the fiscal environment; Percentage of federal real spending; Consideration of a tax cut in many states; Nature of the monetary policy; Impact of the mild weather in January...