PEOPLE IN THE NEWS
- Judge leaves for Afghanistan mission. Hoskins, Michael W. // Indiana Lawyer;9/29/2010, Vol. 21 Issue 15, p22
The article discusses the 11-month mission of Marion Superior Juvenile Judge Marilyn Moores to Afghanistan.
- Exman Steps Down; Muller to Head NYIBC. // Publishers Weekly;7/8/2002, Vol. 249 Issue 27, p10
Reports that Courtney Muller will succeed Linda Exman as executive director of the book fair, New York Is Book Country in July 2002. Contributions of Exman to the book fair; Reason for Muller's selection.
- Muller Named Group VP for International Vision Expo Events. // Vision Monday;12/17/2007, Vol. 21 Issue 14, p10
The article announces new appointments at Vision Expos including Courtney Muller who has been named the new group vice president of the Vision portfolio of events, Tom Loughran who was named event director, and Eileen Baird who will become vice president for North American Education.
- Urban Expositions Expands Sales, Marketing Team for P3, Pet Progressive Products Trade Show. // Souvenirs, Gifts, & Novelties;Jan2016, Vol. 55 Issue 1, p26
The article focuses on the move of trade show producer Urban Expositions LLC to expand its sales and marketing team for its new pet industry trade show, P3, Progressive Pet Products. The debut of P3 at Navy Pier, Chicago, IIlinois on August 24-25, 2016 is mentioned. According to executive vice...
- Book `em: A look at consumer demand for books. Niemira, Michael P. // Chain Store Age;Jun98, Vol. 74 Issue 6, p40
Reports on the increase in reading time of almost all age groups in the United States that may increase book sales. Retail bookstore sales during the first quarter of 1998; Role of the Internet in the demand for books.
- U.S. book industry. Lofquist, William S. // Publishing Research Quarterly;Spring91, Vol. 7 Issue 1, p79
Focuses on the performance of the book industry in the United States for 1990. Publishers' revenues for the first nine months of 1995; Book purchasing patterns of the United States consumer; Total sales by the industry; Producer price index for books in the United States; Statistics on exports...
- U.S. book industry. Lofquist, William S. // Book Research Quarterly;Fall90, Vol. 6 Issue 3, p89
Assesses the book publishing industry in the United States. Increase in revenue for the first three months of 1990; Surge in demand for books and personal consumption expenditures; Data on purchases, sales, production and hours worked in employment and earnings; Growth in exports and imports of...
- U.S. book returns, 1984-1989. Greco, Albert N. // Publishing Research Quarterly;Fall92, Vol. 8 Issue 3, p46
Studies the book return phenomenon that affected the United States book industry for the year 1984 to 1989. Statistics about the US book industry; Causes of the increase in book returns; Suggestions to reduce book returns.
- Geographic concentration and regional trends in the book publishing industry, 1963-1987. Monmonier, Mark; Schnell, George A. // Publishing Research Quarterly;Fall92, Vol. 8 Issue 3, p62
Studies the book industry in the United States for the period 1963 to 1987. Decline in New York State's share of the market; Emergence of regional publishing centers.