- Editors' Note. // Publishers Weekly;2/7/2005, Vol. 252 Issue 6, p7
Discusses the failure of Baker & Taylor to respond to the complaints of its suppliers regarding late payments, which was published in the January 31, 2005 issue of "Publisher's Weekly." Number of the company's clients.
- SPAN/Baker & Taylor offer new distribution. High, John // Publishers Weekly;3/15/1999, Vol. 246 Issue 11, p23
Reports on the distribution and database fee agreement between the Small Publishers Association of North America (SPAN) and Baker & Taylor (B&T). Agreement for B&T to waive its database fee for SPAN members; Bookselling services to be performed by publishers for B&T; Marketing options offered...
- Daybook. Kinsella, Bridget // Publishers Weekly;3/29/1999, Vol. 246 Issue 13, p25
Presents news items related to publishing and book industries in the United States as of March 29, 1999. Includes Publishers Marketing Association's agreement with Baker & Taylor (B&T) Inc. for reviews of its publishers' books to appear on B&T's TitleSource Web site; Bookazine's launching of...
- Japan as a model for B&T. Taylor, Sally // Publishers Weekly;11/3/1997, Vol. 244 Issue 45, p45
Discusses how Baker & Taylor, whose business in Japan, is using Japan as a model for future international expansion. The sales growth in the company's international business; The launch of the quarterly magazine called `Bookwatch,' by Baker & Taylor for the international book market; Location...
- B&T unveils its VOR plan. Kinsella, Bridget // Publishers Weekly;11/18/1996, Vol. 243 Issue 47, p11
Presents Baker & Taylor's (B&T) specifications for its vendor of record program (VOR). Three-tiered flat discount schedule; Number of publishers on B&T's VOR roster; Concerns among booksellers about compensation for sales representatives in regard to VOR orders.
- Baker & Taylor Offers Order Service. Cheatham, Bertha M.; Kovacs, Karen A. // School Library Journal;Apr88, Vol. 34 Issue 8, p14
Reports on the ordering service of the publishing company Baker & Taylor for subscribers of Booklist and School Library Journal. Description of how the books are presented; Directions in placing orders.
- B&T Adds to Monthly Sales Reporting Data. Mutter, John // Publishers Weekly;12/14/1998, Vol. 245 Issue 50, p10
Reports that Baker & Taylor (B&T) is providing free sales data to publishers who credit independent representatives with sales made through B&T. Details on the move; Purpose for the move.
- B&T to Publish on Demand. St. Lifer, Evan; Rogers, Michael // Library Journal;7/1/1997, Vol. 122 Issue 12, p22
Mentions that Baker & Taylor has created a business unit called Replica Books. Design to solve the historic problem of books going out of print and out of stock; Comments from Richard Huttner, the division's managing director.
- Libraries Adopt Baker & Taylor's E-Book Distribution Solution. // Book Publishing Report;12/15/2003, Vol. 28 Issue 48, p2
Reports that Charlotte, North Carolina-based book distributor Baker and Taylor has signed deals with four public libraries to deliver its electronic book access solution. Goal of helping libraries meet growing patron demand for e-books through its ED e-book service; Edge over competitors like...