Adult Hardcover Sales Not So Springy In May
- AAP Reports January Sales Increase Amid Strong Elementary Sales. // Educational Marketer;03/20/2000, Vol. 31 Issue 9, p2
Reports on the overall increase in the January 2000 sales of the college instructional market, according to figures reported by the Association for American Publishers.
- Powell's: Racy Young Adult Books Dominating Children's Section. // Book Publishing Report;9/11/2006, Vol. 31 Issue 35, p3
The article reports on the increase in the sales of adult books at Powell's City of Books store in Portland, Oregon. According to Michelle Williamson, sections manager for children's books at the store, sales of young adult books increased by about 40 percent. Williamson revealed that children's...
- Stroll Malakoff: Chamber sets downtown events. // Malakoff News (TX);6/19/2009, Vol. 100 Issue 25, p1A
The article offers information on the Book Sale and Garage Sale Tailgating Event! sponsored by the Chamber of Commerce to be held in downtown Malakoff, Texas on June 27, 2009.
- WANTED: A few good booksellers. Lahey, Anita // Quill & Quire;Jul98, Vol. 64 Issue 7, p14
Looks into the business operations of various booksellers in book retail industry in Canada. Assessment of the selling skills of staff; Importance of training program to the sale staffs; Sale of Duthie Books in the retail stores; Competition among the book retailers. INSETS: PSEUDONYMS FOR...
- Calendar of Events. // Burnet Bulletin (Texas);5/25/2011, Vol. 139 Issue 21, p5A
A calendar of events for the Burnet, Texas area from May 26, 2011 to August 30, 2011 is presented, including Second Annual Community-Wide Garage Sale & Barbeque at the Hoover Valley Fire Hall on May 28, 2011, the Annual Book, Bake & Jewelry Sale at Lakeshore Library on May 27-28, 2011, and the...
- May Bookstore Sales Fell 2.7%. // Publishers Weekly;7/21/2003, Vol. 250 Issue 29, p61
Reports on the decline in bookstore sales in the U.S. in May 2003. Percentage of the decline; Forecast on bookstore sales in June 2003.
- PEQUOT'S 54TH ANNUAL SUMMER BOOK SALE DEFINES 'COMMUNITY SPIRIT'. // Fairfield County Business Journal;7/21/2014, Vol. 50 Issue 29, p13
The article offers information on the 54th Annual Summer Book Sale of Pequot Library to be held from July 25-29, 2014 in Connecticut.
- Booksales can be good places for a library to acquire books. // Library Journal;10/15/1984, Vol. 109 Issue 17, p1884
Reports on the success of the Lincoln Library of Springfield, Illinois' booksale.
- Early Returns Show Soft Holiday Sales. Milliot, Jim; Nawotka, Edward // Publishers Weekly;1/13/2003, Vol. 250 Issue 2, p9
Reports on the modest sales incurred by U.S. bookstores during the 2002 holiday season. Increase in bookstore sales for the period of November 3, 2002 to January 4, 2003; Book categories with strong sales during the holiday season; Impact of the holiday sales on Tattered Cover and Chinook...