After Growing From Gee Whiz To Mainstream Lightning Source Says It's Just Getting Started
- Lightning Source Readies For The U.K., Further European Expansion. // Book Publishing Report;07/31/2000, Vol. 25 Issue 30, p5
Reports on expansion plans of Lightning Source in Great Britain and the European markets. Agreements with book wholesalers, Bertram Group and Blackwell's; Providing print-on-demand services to British publishers and retailers; Creation of a separate business operation to be headed by Susan...
- Spall Joins Lightning. // Publishers Weekly;9/27/2004, Vol. 251 Issue 39, p16
Reports on the move of Lightning Source to appoint Kevin Spall are vice president for sales and marketing. Background of Spall.
- On Demand, Lightning Source share resources. Mitting, William // PrintWeek (Haymarket Business Publications Ltd);4/10/2008, p11
The article reports on the merger of On Demand Books, the manufacturer of the Espresso Book Machine, and Lightning Source, an international on-demand print group. The two companies aim to develop digital strategies for the book industry. The deal also allows Lightning Source to have access to...
- News Briefs. // Publishers Weekly;4/7/2008, Vol. 255 Issue 14, p8
This section offers news briefs related to the publishing industry. Bob Miller has resigned as president of Hyperion to head a publishing studio at HarperCollins. Lightning Source has signed a deal with On Demand Books, proprietor of the Espresso Book Machine, in a deal that will give On Demand...
- iPublish in Deals with Lightning, Reciprocal. Mutter, John // Publishers Weekly;7/24/2000, Vol. 247 Issue 30, p11
Reports that iPublish.com, the Time Warner e-publishing division, has signed up Lightning Source and Reciprocal to handle its digital fulfillment services. Services that each will provide; Plan of iPublish.Com.
- Publishers try out Espresso Book Machine pilot programme. // Research Information;Jun/Jul2009, Issue 42, p5
The article reports on the launching of the Espresso Book Machine (EBM) pilot by Lightning Source Inc. It explains that the EBM pilot, basically an automated teller machine for books, enables availability of titles of publishers at point-of-sale EBM locations. Printing, binding and trimming for...
- Tower Launches Online Bookstore. // Publishers Weekly;4/3/2006, Vol. 253 Issue 14, p7
This article presents an update on the U.S. publishing industry, as of April 3, 2006. Tower Records has launched an online bookstore offering 600,000 titles. The 79-year-old Grolier Poetry Book Shop has been sold to Ifeanyi Menkiti, a poet and professor at Wellesley College. David Taylor has...
- Penguin Putnam, Lightning Source Form Digital Alliance. // Information Today;Oct2000, Vol. 17 Issue 9, p69
Reports on an alliance between Penguin Putnam, Inc. and Lightning Source, Inc. Digitalization of Penguin's content offerings by Lightning Source, Inc.; Addition of content to Lightning Source's digital library; Perceived enhancement of Lightning Source's list of publishing partnerships.
- 10 MILLION AND COUNTING. // Publishers Weekly;11/3/2003, Vol. 250 Issue 44, p16
Announces that Lightning Source has celebrated the printing of its 10-million copy through its print-on-demand system on October 22, 2003. Highlight of the celebration.