STARTING A PRACTICE ON A SHOESTRING
- Self-Hypnosis for Better Gains. Kallen, Ben // Men's Fitness;Jun2002, Vol. 18 Issue 6, p56
Reports on the importance of hypnosis to mental health. Physical sensations that hypnosis can control; Health benefits of hypnosis.
- FOUNDER'S MESSAGE. Spencer-Beacham, Anne H. // Subconsciously Speaking;Jan/Feb2002, Vol. 17 Issue 1, p2
Comments on developments concerning hypnotherapy and hypnotherapists as of January 2002. Inclusion of obituaries for Mark Wolff and Sol Lewis; Stress and Grief Management workshop to be given by Karen Barker in Mount Clemens, Michigan; Rhondda Stewart-Garfield's opening of a hypnotherapy school...
- TEXAS SAYS 'THANK YOU.' King, Anne // Subconsciously Speaking;Jan/Feb2002, Vol. 17 Issue 1, p4
Comments on the role of the International Medical and Dental Hypnotherapy Association (IMDHA) in supporting its chapter in Texas. Legal issues being faced by the Texas chapter; Speech to be given by the author at the organization's October 2002 convention.
- Healing Attitude. Bottari, Albert C. // Subconsciously Speaking;Jan/Feb2002, Vol. 17 Issue 1, p6
Discusses the author's practice in hypnosis/hypnotherapy. Author's founding of the New York State Hypnotherapy Association Inc. (NYSHA) in 1991; Impact of mind, body and spirit on healing; Author's experiences with cancer; Importance of surrounding one's self with people who have positive...
- Blepharoplasty Under Hypnosis: A Personal Experience. Haskins, Chris // Subconsciously Speaking;May/Jun2002, Vol. 17 Issue 3, p4
Examines the effectivity of applying hypnosis on upper and lower Blepharoplasty surgery. Sedative effect of hypnosis; List of medical uses of hypnosis; Explanation on hypnoanesthesia.
- The Eagle Has Landed. Ditson-Sommer, Rayma // Subconsciously Speaking;Jul/Aug2002, Vol. 17 Issue 4, p5
Discusses how some components of hypnotherapy can be used to improve the mental performance of a golf player. Importance of brain synchrony and the development of a relaxation response; Importance of referring golfers to someone who has the knowledge base to help them during tours.
- Founder's Message. Spencer-Beacham, Anne H. // Subconsciously Speaking;Nov2002-Feb2003, Vol. 17-18 Issue 6-1, p2
Deals with various items relevant to the International Medical and Dental Hypnotherapy Association (IMDHA) as of November 2002. Comment on the IMDHA annual conference; Continuing education hours for members; IMDHA Specialty Certifications.
- PRESIDENTS CORNER. Durbin, Paul G. // Subconsciously Speaking;Mar/Apr2003, Vol. 18 Issue 2, p3
Provides insights on how to undertake specific hypnotherapy techniques. Hand to Face for Therapy; Therapy Between Sessions.
- Hypnotherapist as master gardener. Blum, Peter // Subconsciously Speaking;Mar/Apr2003, Vol. 18 Issue 2, p5
Explores gardening as a metaphor for the process of professional hypnotherapy. Weed overgrowth and the importance for clients to recognize the need for change or improvement in their life; Need for hypnotherapists to review different types of hypnotherapeutic approaches; Brief hypnotherapy.