The old switcheroo wrong man sits at trail
Tags: APPELLATE courts
- Bill to split 9th Circuit withdrawn. Wharton, Joseph // ABA Journal;Jun96, Vol. 82 Issue 6, p41
Reports on the withdrawal of a bill to split the Ninth United States Circuit Court of Appeals. Provisions of the bill filed by Senator Conrad Burns; States in the proposed 12th Circuit; Creation of a Commission on Structural Alternatives for the Federal Courts of Appeals.
- China to set up own supreme court. Balch, Roger // Asian Business Review;Jun95, p11
Reports on China's plan to establish its own supreme court in Hong Kong to replace the British Privy Council after the 1997 handover.
- No quick fixes. Rabkin, Jeremy // American Spectator;Mar1997, Vol. 30 Issue 3, p62
Discusses objections of the conservative commentators on the force changes on Supreme Court's policy. Challenges in facing public policy; How President Roosevelt's `Court-packing' scheme becomes the most ambitious attempt to force changes on the court; How the scheme proves a great...
- The screening of appeals: The Ninth Circuit's experience... Oakley, John B. // Brigham Young University Law Review;1991, Vol. 1991 Issue 2, p859
Focuses on the appeals courts in the United States. Principal caseload control mechanism developed by the courts; Methods of screening programs that have been adopted by the circuits of the federal courts of appeals; Values served by appeal and the nature of the challenge to traditional means...
- Restricting shareholder voting rights under the Utah Revised... Davis, Erik G. // Brigham Young University Law Review;1995, Vol. 1995 Issue 4, p1297
Presents information on a comment which argues that the drafters of the Utah Revised Business Corporation Act, have attempted to create a way for corporations to restrict shareholders from voting. Information on Utah's Revised Act; Involvement of the Utah Supreme Court; More.
- The Month in the Supreme Court. // Congressional Digest;Mar1929, Vol. 8 Issue 3, p94
Presents the U.S. Supreme Court calendar from January 22 to February 18, 1929. Cases; Written opinions; Petitions for writs of certiorari.
- California high court to rule. Kizan, William G. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;03/09/98, Vol. 240 Issue 10, p14
Focuses on an agreement made by the California Supreme Court to review two state appeals court decisions pertaining to whether union-only project labor agreements violate state and local laws requiring public contracts. Views of both appeals courts; when were the decisions handed down;...
- LI's facts. // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);4/29/96, Vol. 43 Issue 18, p1
Reports that nine senators failed to push a proposed amendment to create a Nassau/Suffolk Fifth Department in the New York State Appellate System.
- Labour law. // Reporter;Sep92, Vol. 19 Issue 3, p19
Focuses on the overturing of decisions made by the Federal Labour Relations Authority (FLRA) by the Circuit Courts off Appeals. Reasons or the overturing of decisions; Description of the criticisms for the FLRA; Examples of overturing decisions.
- The Supreme Court. Swann-Wright, Dianne // Footsteps;Mar/Apr2003, Vol. 5 Issue 2, p38
Discusses the structure of Supreme Court, the highest court in the U.S. Establishment of the Supreme Court to safeguard the rights and liberties of all citizens of the country; Members of the Supreme Court; Nominations of the members by the president of the country and confirmed and approved by...