NEW-ISSUE VOLUME NOTES
- 1997 logs record issuance of private-placement bonds. Kuiper, Mark T. // Bond Buyer;03/24/98, Vol. 323 Issue 30357, p1
Reports on the all-time high sales of privately placed municipal bonds in the United States for the year 1997. Reasons for the boost in the sale of private placements; Reflection of the issuers' increased willingness to accept higher yields in exchange for a quicker sale process; Opening of a...
- Bankruptcy Court to Consider Detroit Loan for Lights. Devitt, Caitlin // Bondbuyer.com;9/20/2013, p14
The article discusses efforts of Detroit, Michigan to ask the judge overseeing the city's bankruptcy case to protect the 60 million U.S. dollars private placement with a bank which hit a snag after the bankers asked for clarification from the federal court that the utility taxes supporting the...
- California Private Placement Market May Be Pivoting. Glazier, Kyle // Bondbuyer.com;11/5/2015, p20
The article discusses the positive performance of private placement of municipal securities in California, and also mentions the views of law firm officer Roger Davis on the same.
- Indiana Port Agency's 1st Bond Issue an $11 Million Taxable Deal. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;9/2/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31961, p5
Reports on the plan of the Ports of Indiana to issue taxable revenue bonds through a private placement. Authorization for the port to issue debt to help companies in the state expand; Role of Fifth Third Securities as the underwriter of the sale; Importance of the deal to demonstrate the...
- San Diego Officials OK $172M of Private-Placement Bonds. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;1/18/2007, Vol. 359 Issue 32549, p36
The article reports that the officials of San Diego, California have authorized two private-placement offerings. The City Council approved the private placement of up to $172 million of lease revenue bonds to refund high-rate bonds the city issued in 2002 for construction of the Petco Park...
- Fla.'s Mount Sinai Medical to Refund $107 Million despite SEC Investigation. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;4/8/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31859, p3
Reports that Florida-based Mount Sinai Medical Center will sell its debt refunding bonds through a private placement despite an inquiry by the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC). Standard and Poor's rating of the bonds; Formal investigation launched by the SEC regarding the bonds...
- Private Placements Decrease Market Transparency, Moody's Says. Flynn, Hillary // Bond Buyer;10/20/2014, Vol. 1 Issue 34196, p1
Moody's Investors Service released a reporting saying transparency in the municipal market has been diminished by the growth of bank loans and private placements.
- California Closes First GO Private Placement With Another Public Entity. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;3/2/2009, Vol. 367 Issue 33072, p4
The article reports on the deal for the state of California's first private placement of general obligation (GO) bonds with the Bay Area Toll Authority public entity. It cites that the state has carried out a $194 million transaction with the Bay Area Toll Authority in order to keep funds...
- MARKET STATISTICS. // Bond Buyer;2/13/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31821, p40
Presents several charts depicting the bond market statistics in the Far West region of the U.S. Private placements and municipal forwards; Securities price; Bond rankings based on issues maturing in 13 months.