Competitive Note Offerings
- And the mystery bidder is. // Broadcasting & Cable;12/15/97, Vol. 127 Issue 51, p92
States that Kim and Gary Magness, attorneys for Tele-Communications Incorporated (TCI), are trying to identify the person who bid 30.6 million supervoting in TCI B shares. List of the potential buyers who attended a hearing in Arapahoe County, Colorado; Indication that John Malone was removed...
- Morton's Sale Hits Complications. // Restaurant Business;6/15/2002, Vol. 101 Issue 11, p15
Reports the bid offer of billionaire financier Carl Icahn for the stock of Morton's Restaurant Group in New Hyde Park, New York. Rate offer per share; Advantages of the offer; Accusations of shareholder Barry Florecue against the Morton's management.
- MOL and OMV vie for PKN stake. Nashaat, Dan // Budapest Business Journal;2/4/2002, Vol. 10 Issue 9, p23
Announces the bid of Hungarian oil and gas company MOL Rt and Austrian counterpart OMV AG for a stake in PKN Orlen, an oil company in Poland. Decision of the government to review the privatization strategy for PKN; Negotiation for the relief of the gas division of MOL; Account of the business...
- Drugmaker offers zl. 200 million for GZF. // Budapest Business Journal;11/5/2001, Vol. 9 Issue 49, p7
Reports the bid for stock market share of Grodziskie Zaklady Farmaceutyczne by Richter Gedeon Rt. in Poland. Purpose for the bid; Influences to expansion plans of Richter Gedeon in Poland.
- Competitive Bidding. Williams, David T. // HomeCare Magazine;Apr2002, Vol. 25 Issue 4, p104
Presents opinion on competitive bidding to reduce Medicare spending on durable medical equipment in the U.S. Impact of competitive bidding on stock prices; Government savings from competitive bidding.
- Demand for investment stock raises Â£53m at Allsop. Maxwell, Estelle // Estates Gazette;5/23/2009, Issue 920, p55
The article reports that competitive bidding by private investors pursuing grade A commercial investment stock directed initial yields below 6% at Allsop's sale in 2009 in Great Britain. On May 19, 2009, thirteen properties sold at London's Park Lane Hotel for more than Â£1 million (m). It is...
- Market Narrows Price Gap Between Wachovia Bids. Leibowitz, Alissa // American Banker;5/23/2001, Vol. 166 Issue 99, p20
Reports on the bids of First Union Corp. and SunTrust Banks Inc. for Wachovia Corp. Performance of the stocks of Wachovia.
- Petrom tender date extended. Beacham, Will // European Chemical News;2/2/2004, Vol. 80 Issue 2085, p8
Deals with the move of the Romanian government to extend the deadline for preliminary bids in the sale of a portion of its stake in Petrom. Companies interested in bidding for the stake; Percentage of stake in Petrom which is owned by the Romanian government.
- Orica makes bid for Incitec, confirms talks with AECI. WOOD, ANDREW // Chemical Week;12/23/1998, Vol. 160 Issue 49, p16
Reports on the stake bidding made by Orica for Incitec, a chemicals and fertilizers company. Stock trading price of Incitec; Value of Orica's offer; Background information on Orica's business negotiations with the African Explosives and Chemical Industries (AECI); Comments from Orica's company...