Illinois Budget Official
- Group Urges Illinois to Make Cuts Before Hiking Taxes. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;3/10/2009, Vol. 367 Issue 33077, p5
The article reports that Institute for Illinois' Fiscal Sustainability of Chicago Civic Federation called on the state to make cuts before hiking taxes. In its report, the government watchdog urges Illinois to permanently cuts spending, jobs and future pension benefits before increasing taxes,...
- Soaking the Rich Makes Little Sense. Scarry, Donald M. // njbiz;1/27/2003, Vol. 16 Issue 4, p16
Editorial. Discusses the fiscal crisis in New Jersey. Budget deficit faced by the state in 2003; Proposal to increase the income taxes of rich people in New Jersey; Rationale behind the opposition to the tax increase.
- California's fiscal responsibility -- where is it? Lockhart, Lee // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;3/31/2006, Issue 323537, p26
The author reflects on the fiscal responsibility in California. He comments on the lack of serious attempt to address the major long-term problems confronting taxpayers. He expresses the honesty of the nonpartisan Legislative Analyst's Office in telling the story of the projected budget deficit...
- Demise of the Dutch social housing tradition: impact of budget cuts and political changes. Boelhouwer, Peter; Priemus, Hugo // Journal of Housing & the Built Environment;Jun2014, Vol. 29 Issue 2, p221
At the beginning of the financial crisis in 2008, the Dutch housing associations were in the position to perform a kind of anti-cyclical housing production that could save, at least partially, the total housing production in the Netherlands. In this contribution, we give insight into the way the...
- KEITH CRAIN: Starting tomorrow, it will be back to work. // Crain's Detroit Business;4/6/2009, Vol. 25 Issue 14, p6
The article comments on the challenges posed by the ongoing global financial crisis. It is stated that one has to work very hard to survive the crisis. It is noted that the coming tomorrow will be full of challenges as public schools of Detroit, Michigan have recently revealed that they are...
- Business As Usual For Budget In Albany. Barclay, Will // Business Journal (Central New York);3/27/2009, Vol. 23 Issue 13, p26
In this article the author discusses the impact of the economic crisis in Albany, New York. He states that if the governor would bring back the committees back with greater openness, they would be able to solve the state's fiscal crisis with greater efficiency and more equitably. He adds that in...
- Rethinking local government structure. Wells, Mike // Indianapolis Business Journal;10/27/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 33, p13A
Expresses concern on the budget crisis facing Indiana in 2003. Estimated budget deficit of the state; State's inability to operate efficiently; Potential financial savings resulting from a streamlining of government operations.
- UC Regents deciding future of UCI Medical Center. Bosetti, Diana // Orange County Business Journal;04/21/97, Vol. 20 Issue 16, p4
Focuses on the public hearing scheduled for April 10, 1997, to discuss the future of UCI Medical Center, which suffered a budget deficit in 1996. Information on the operations of the institution; What factors contributed to the budget deficit it reported in 1996; Options available to the...
- Allen Park Distressed. Devitt, Caitlin // Bond Buyer;8/15/2012, Vol. 381 Issue 33765, p9
The article reports on the data from a preliminary state-appointed review team which showed that Allen Park in Michigan is in a state of financial emergency.