- Statistical Bidding Models. McKim, Robert A. // Cost Engineering;Dec99, Vol. 41 Issue 12, p40
Illustrates several statistical models that can be of use to a contractor that is willing to incorporate scientific methods into the random bid process. Assumptions on the traditional bidding process; Use of the central limit theorem statistical tool; Effect of the number of bidders on the...
- By the numbers. // njbiz;6/11/2012, Vol. 25 Issue 24, p15
The article presents statistics related to New Jersey business data, including the number of closed business transactions, the average percentage of owners' asking price paid by business buyers and the average times revenue paid by business buyers.
- MARKET STATISTICS. // Bond Buyer;9/11/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31221, p33
Presents charts depicting the statistics of the bond market in the United States as of September 2001. Volume of bonds available for bidding and negotiation; Total returns of the municipal markets; Prices of municipal bonds.
- Contractors' forum sets key goals. Henry, Elizabeth // Horticulture Week;9/18/2015, p7
The article reports that the National Contractors Forum's (NCF) committee is focused on standardizing procurement and tendering, collecting health and safety statistics and decreasing diesel prices. It mentions that the procurement and tendering process allows contractors completing many...
- Sealed Bids Invited. The TFMG Bond Research Group // Bond Buyer;2/26/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31332, p32
Presents information pertaining to sealed bids invited in the U.S. as of February 26, 2002.
- Learning from DSM's first-generation bid results. Bretz, Elizabeth A. // Electrical World;Sep94, Vol. 208 Issue 9, p37
Offers a look at the demand-side management (DSM) bidding programs. Demand reductions; Competition; Proposals; Levelizes total resource costs. INSET: Virginia Power tests the DSM bidding waters..
- Low-bid rejection requires justification. Parvin, Cordell // Roads & Bridges;Sep96, Vol. 34 Issue 9, p8
Discusses the law on highway construction bidding in the United States. Exceptions to the rule that the project should be awarded to the lowest bidder; `Arbitrary and capricious' decision of the Department of Transportation (DOT) in `Harmony Construction Inc. v. State of Delaware (DOT); Reasons...
- Jensen, Myers-Majluf, free cash flow and the returns to bidders. McCabe, George M.; Yook, Ken C. // Quarterly Review of Economics & Finance;Fall97, Vol. 37 Issue 3, p697
Investigates bidder returns using two theories which would predict positive returns to bidders in cash acquisitions. Findings over the cash flow of bidders; What has been shown in previous research on returns to bidders.
- Developers play it close to the vest at casino conference. Duby, Christopher Y. // Fairfield County Business Journal;8/7/95, Vol. 34 Issue 32, p6
Reports on the holding of a preproposal conference in Hartford, Conn. for potential casino developers. Handling of the conference by the office of Gov. John G. Rowland.