PENNSYLVANIA: Fight the Blight
- Street Smart. Plummer, William; Calandra, Bob // People;
Profiles John Street, the mayor of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
- Philadelphia Mayor Offers $3.1 Billion Budget Plan for Fiscal 2003. Braun, Martin Z. // Bond Buyer;
Reports on introduction of fiscal 2003 budget for Philadelphia, Pennsylvania by mayor John Street. Introduction of multibillion spending plan; Possible reduction in wage taxes; Other provisions of the budget.
- Street Wins in Philadelphia; GOP Gains 2 Governerships. D'Ambrosio, Gillian // Bond Buyer;11/6/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31756, p1
Reports that John Street has been elected mayor of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Platform of Mayor Street; Plans for the city.
- John Street Sworn In As Philadelphia's New Mayor; Promises To Aid Blighted Neighborhoods. // Jet;01/24/2000, Vol. 97 Issue 7, p35
Reports that Democrat John F. Street has been sworn in as mayor of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
- Philly's thrifty candidates. Hoffman, David // Bond Buyer;
Reports on the results of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania's mayoral primary elections. Consensus among rating analysts and finance professionals on Democrat John Street and Republican Sam Katz; Rating of the city's general obligation debt.
- Mayor Street Tackles Philadelphia's Infrastructure Woes. Mercurio, Stephanie // Bond Buyer;
Reports on the plans of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania Mayor John Street to the city's infrastructure problems. Financial problems of the city; Plead for funds for school districts.
- Ode to the Philly row house. Conn, Steven // Christian Science Monitor;5/22/2001, Vol. 93 Issue 124, p8
Focuses on row houses in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, and how they enabled industrial workers to own their own homes, and the plans of Mayor John Street to demolish thousands of row houses.
- Lesson in diplomacy. // Executive Leadership;Oct2010, Vol. 25 Issue 10, p5
The article presents a discussion on the promise of John Street, president of the Philadelphia City Council, to improve his reputation and diplomacy skills, adapted from an "Interview With John F. Street," by James McBride.
- Race feared a factor in Philadelphia bugging. Lee, Trymaine D. // New York Amsterdam News;10/16/2003, Vol. 94 Issue 42, p4
The controversy over Mayor John F. Street's City Hall office has added another twist to an already seething mayoral campaign. Added to the already racially skewed rematch between Street and Republican challenger Sam Katz may be the racial overtones the fraud might imply. U.S. attorney Patrick...