NEW YORK: PA Budget Approved
- Cure the 'spendaholics,' support state spending cap. Coupal, Jon // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;3/25/2011, p30
In this article the author discusses the urgent need to restore a strict spending limit on state government of California.
- Here are Some Painful Facts About NY State Spending:. // Westchester County Business Journal;2/22/2010, Vol. 49 Issue 8, p17
The article presents facts concerning the spending of New York including its less than 21 billion dollars spending if its budget is held to inflation, the one billion dollars state budget for 2010-2011, and resident loss from 2000-2008.
- Stalemate Halts Debate on Louisiana's $25B Budget. Watts, Jim // Investment Dealers' Digest;5/27/2011, Vol. 77 Issue 20, p10
The article reports that the debate in the House of Representatives on the proposed 25 billion dollars budget for the fiscal 2012 in Louisiana was temporarily stopped when lawmakers failed to reach a consensus on how to balance the spending plan.
- FMAP Extension Means States Could Revisit Budgets. Dutton, Audrey // Bond Buyer;8/16/2010, Vol. 373 Issue 33366, p5
The article reports on the necessity of states to revisit their 2011 budgets and consider spending plan rearrangement in the U.S.
- Democrats Urging Senate to Add State Budget Aid to Bill. Dutton, Audrey // Bond Buyer;6/16/2010, Vol. 372 Issue 33334, p5
The article reports that U.S. Democrats have urged the Senate to add an amendment to a tax-extenders bill that would provide federal funds to states to help them through their budget crises.
- NEW MEXICO: State May Slash 3%. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;7/27/2010, Vol. 373 Issue 33356, p9
The article reports that the New Mexico Board of Finance will convene to discuss spending reduction due to low expected revenue in fiscal 2011.
- Budget Cuts Hurt the Governor Too. Shure, Jon // njbiz;2/17/2003, Vol. 16 Issue 7, p14
Presents an article on the impact of state budget cuts on the state and the state governor as well. Description of a protest organized in New Jersey concerning state arts budget in 1990; Factors to consider in a budget cut decision-making.
- Michigan Seeks Balance. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;9/8/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31964, p1
Reports that the Michigan legislature returns to session on September 8, 2004, to approve final appropriation measures for the fiscal 2005 budget. Vote on a proposal to eliminate revenue sharing for counties to help avert a projected $1 billion shortfall; Analysis of pertinent topics and...
- Bussiness groups increase emphasis on cutting state spending. Lane, Amy // Crain's Detroit Business;1/12/2009, Vol. 25 Issue 2, p14
The article reports on the business groups in Michigan which are demanding reduction in state government's spending to tackle financial problems. It is reported that, Detroit Regional Chamber has proposed corrections reform for reducing government spending and generating savings of some $800...