The Week Ahead: L.A. Airport Deal Stands Out From Plainly Flavored Competition
- UTAH: Rail on Track for $320M. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;9/25/2012, Vol. 381 Issue 33787, p9
The article presents information regarding the bond deal of 320 million U.S. dollars by Utah Transit Authority for expansion of Trax and FrontRunner rail projects.
- Puerto Rico Lawmakers Want to Put in Their Two Cents on Huge Pension Deal. Kaske, Michelle // Bond Buyer;5/10/2007, Vol. 360 Issue 32626, p7
The article reports that lawmakers in Puerto Rico have supported the $6.5 billion to $9 billion pension bond deal which is slated for July 2007. It is noted that the transaction does not include general obligation or appropriated debt, but leverages future government contributions to the...
- A COMMON COMPARISON. Jawor, Mike // Canadian Investment Review;Spring2004, Vol. 17 Issue 1, pR9
Presents tips for investors when evaluating hedge fund strategies. Definition of gross and net exposures of funds in long/short equity; Details of a hedged convertible bond fund; Importance of focusing on deals in risk arbitrage.
- BOND NEWS. // Leveraged Finance News;7/16/2012, Vol. 2 Issue 29, p3
The article offers news briefs related to bonds. It mentions that cable service provider WideOpenWest has issued $1.02 billion in a two-part bond offering. It states that SBA Communications Corp. has priced an upsized $800 million junk bond offering on July 10, 2012 from $650 million. It says...
- Gemini partners with NBAD to distribute two new Mena funds. Akhtar, Tanzeel // Fundweb;3/14/2013, p11
The article reports that the company Gemini Investment Managers has entered into a deal with the National Bank of Abu Dhabi (NBAD) to oversee funds. Under the deal Gemini will manage NBAD Mena Bond fund and the equity fund, both of which will be launched in March and April 2013 respectively. It...
- Florida's Cat Fund Sets $625M Sale. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;7/17/2008, Vol. 365 Issue 32920, p1
The article reports on the plan of Florida Hurricane Catastrophe Fund Finance Corp. (Cat Funds) to sell its tax-exempt revenue bonds for $625 million. It states that Cat Fund is expecting a $625 million fixed- rate deal before the end of July 2008 that will be used to pay new and reopened claims...
- IOWA: Polk GOs Another Way. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;10/31/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31255, p42
Reports on the sale of general obligation (GO) bonds by the government of Polk County, Iowa to pay for Iowa Events Center project in Des Moines, Iowa. Reasons for the sale of GO bonds.
- Analysts: First-Ever Mexican Municipal Debt Issue Could Spark More Deals . Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;12/10/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31281, p6
Reports on the sale of certification of obligation deal of municipal debt issuance in Mexico. Estimated amount of the obligation deal; Necessity for the sale of obligation bonds; Preference of Mexican bonds in the international market.
- MIDWEST INVISIBLE SUPPLY. // Bond Buyer;12/15/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 32030, p32
No abstract available.