Bonds Could Dictate Contaminated Kansas Site's Future
- Arizona Senate to Weigh Tax District for New Grand Canyon Park. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;3/30/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32100, p3
Reports on the consideration of a bill to establish a special taxing district for the construction of an amusement park in Arizona. Provision of incentive for tourist to spend extra time at the Grand Canyon Park; Establishment of a performing arts pavilion and two roller coasters; Feature of an...
- Wide left? Geiselman, Bruce // Waste News;10/27/2003, Vol. 9 Issue 14, p4
California's sports stadiums, theaters, amusement parks, racetracks and other large venues would be required to undertake recycling programs under a bill that the state assembly could vote on early next year. Assemblywoman Cindy Montanez, introduced the bill in February 2003, but her office and...
- Grand Canyon Park Bill Clears Early Hurdle. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;4/5/2005, Vol. 352 Issue 32104, p4
Reports on the passage of the bill that would establish a theme park and vehicle support facility district in Arizona. Collection of additional sales tax on entry tickets in the district; Revision of the original measures by the legislators; Use of municipal bonds for facilities, structures and...
- Arizona Legislature Approves Amusement Park Bond Plan. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;5/3/2005, Vol. 352 Issue 32124, p3
The article reports that the Arizona Legislature has approved and sent to Governor Janet Napolitano a bill that would establish a special district with the authorization to issue up to US$1 billion of revenue bonds to build a large amusement park near the Grand Canyon and a smaller facility in...
- Aquatic Adventures. Mink, Randy // TravelAmerica;Jul/Aug99, Vol. 15 Issue 1, p44
Provides information on water theme parks in the United States. Wet 'n Wild in Orlando, Florida; Schlitterbahn in New Braunfels, Texas; Hawaiian Waters Adventure Park in Kapolei, Hawaii.
- Florida's Space Coast. Willis, Monica Michael // Country Living;May2005, Vol. 28 Issue 5, p186
Presents information on the bustling theme parks of Orlando lies Florida's Space Coast.
- At this theme park, it's Scarlett, not Mickey. Spaid, Elizabeth Levit // Christian Science Monitor;1/26/95, Vol. 87 Issue 42, p1
Comments on the latest trends in theme parks in the United States. Focus on the creation of Gone With the Wind Country in Villa Rica, Georgia; Assessment of the theme park market; Details of Gone With the Wind Country.
- Park and rides are worth a trip. Fox, Linda // Travel Trade Gazette UK & Ireland;7/14/2003, Issue 2572, p41
Comments on treating the journey to Disneyland Resort Paris as part of the holiday in Paris, France. Supply of children's activity packs; Direct train at London Waterloo; Shuttle bus services.
- Bookings revive in June. // Travel Trade Gazette UK & Ireland;7/14/2003, Issue 2572, p41
Reports the rise in bookings to Paris, France-based Disneyland Resort Paris in June 2003. Properties at the resort that had sold well; Construction of bedroom townhouses.