Washington Senate Eyes Budget Fix; Treasurer Warns Rans May Be Needed
- In a Rare Reversal, Minnesota Deficit Forecast Falls By $209M. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;3/3/2010, Vol. 371 Issue 33275, p4
The article reports that Minnesota's revenue forecast fell by 209 million dollars from the projected 1.2 billion dollars deficit in the current two-year budget.
- Revised Revenue Forecast Forces Kansas to Make Last-Minute Budget Cuts. Walker, Patrick M. // Bond Buyer;05/10/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31136, p36
Reports the budget cuts for fiscal 2002 due to the Consensus Estimating Group revised revenue forecast in Kansas. Role of the state legislature on the budget allocation; Tax increase intended for school funding.
- How Trenton Got Fooled by a Rosy Scenario. Scarry, Donald M. // Business News New Jersey;4/1/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 14, p8
Focuses on the impact of recession on budget deficit in New Jersey. Tendency to overstate projected tax revenues; Reliance of New Jersey on Big Three taxes; Assessment of the performance of the corporate income tax.
- Economy Still Uncertain. // SCOR Report;May2002, Vol. 9 Issue 6, p4
Forecasts the economic situation in the U.S. in 2002. Total of tax receipts in April 2002; Predictions on budget deficit and tax revenues; Findings of G7 Group Inc.
- Maryland Board: FY '05 Revenues Will Beat Estimate by $31 Million. Newman, Emily // Bond Buyer;3/12/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31840, p30
Reports on the general fund revenue projections of the Maryland Board of Revenue Estimates for fiscal year 2005. Increase in revenue projected by the board; Budget deficit faced by the state in fiscal 2005; Increase in sales and use tax revenues.
- OKLAHOMA: State Shortfall Hits $729M. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;1/5/2010, Vol. 371 Issue 33245, p9
The article reports on the revenue shortfall in the fiscal budget 2010 in Oklahoma. The State Board of Equalization reveals that the city will have a deficit of about 729.4 million dollars and the revenues in fiscal 2011 will be lower than in 2010. Governor Brad Henry states that they may use...
- WISCONSIN: Deficit Estimate Balloons. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;5/13/2009, Vol. 368 Issue 33114, p9
The article reports on the release of dismal revenue estimates by the Legislative Fiscal Bureau in Wisconsin. The estimates boosts the state's $5 billion deficit in the current fiscal year and through the next biennial budget by another $1.6 billion to $6.6 billion. Tax revenue in fiscal 2009 is...
- More Cuts On the Way. Lunney, Kellie // Government Executive;Jun2012, Vol. 44 Issue 6, p48
The article presents the author's comments on budget trends in the U.S. which can be seen in 2012. Deficit reduction may be seen in the U.S. federal budget in 2012, says the author. Fewer federal workers on the payroll help the overall bottom line of the government's budget in the short term,...
- MINNESOTA: Deficit Spurs Hiring Freeze. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;2/27/2008, Vol. 363 Issue 32824, p9
The article reports that Minnesota Gov. Tim Pawlenty has directed state agency commissioners to freeze in 2008 due to a growing budget deficit. A forecast from the Department of Finance indicates that fiscal shortfall will increase by two to three times. Pawlenty said that vacant positions...