Citing Budget Imbalance, Moody's Lowers Atlantic City
- Contrasting Plans In East Africa. // West & Central Africa Monitor;Aug2002, Vol. 3 Issue 8, p4
Reports the increase of budget deficits in Kenya. Contribution of pre-election spending; Consequence of the absence of debt relief; Result of the failure to divest the state telecommunications company.
- Merrill Tapped as Manager for St. Louis $17M Refunding. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;8/27/2007, Vol. 361 Issue 32700, p4
The article reports on the selection of Merrill Lynch & Co. by the board that manages the Saint Louis public transit system as the senior manager of its planned restructuring of $17 million of debt that will help eliminate a $26 million deficit in its $214 million fiscal 2008 budget in Missouri....
- Moody's Downgrades Akron GO, Income-Tax Backed Debt to A2. Devitt, Caitlin // Bond Buyer;10/20/2009, Vol. 370 Issue 33202, p4
The article reports on the move of Moody's Investors Service Inc. to lower the income-tax backed debt and general obligation of Akron, Ohio. It notes that the move is in line with the condition of the city which is struggling with a budget deficit. It states that the city's 205.7 million dollars...
- Debt Concerns Rising. // Latin America Monitor: Caribbean Monitor;Sep2010, Vol. 27 Issue 9, p1
The article analyzes the capability of the government of Barbados in meeting its debt repayments over the medium term as there is a little sign of improvement in its dire fiscal situation. It notes that Barbados' ability to service its debt has a tendency to deteriorate further with modest...
- Wisconsin Defends Debt Maneuver Offering Short-Term Budget Boost. Shields, Yvette // Bondbuyer.com;2/17/2015, p33
The article discusses a debt restructuring plan for the state of Wisconsin which would involves leaving 108-million dollars of low-interest commercial paper (CP) in place instead of retiring it in 2015 as originally planned. Topics covered include the budget deficits facing the state in 2016 and...
- THE COMING DEBT BATTLE. Galbraith, James K. // Progressive Populist;12/1/2012, Vol. 18 Issue 21, p9
The article examines the impact of the looming U.S. debt and deficit crisis. It states that Big Money has been gunning for Social Security, Medicare and Medicaid for years with the motives being partly financial and partly political in which Social Security, Medicare and Medicaid are the main...
- Illinois Budget Short on Solutions. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;5/10/2010, Vol. 372 Issue 33313, p1
The article reports on the adoption of 52 million dollar budget of Illinois State due to its budget crisis. It mentions that the state experienced budget deficit because of the lack of long-term resolution that supervise its public expenditure. It adds that the state also plans to approve a debt...
- A bigger challenge. // Indiana Prairie Farmer;Feb2012, Vol. 186 Issue 2, p68
The article discusses the challenge faced by the parents in explaining the taxes as well as how lawmakers determine the fair share.
- Cash-Strapped Governors Walking a Tax-Reform Tightrope. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;11/4/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31754, p28
Focuses on the difficulty of governors in the Southwestern States to search for the middle ground between tax increases and lost revenues. Imposition of tax code to avert budget deficit; Transformation of complex tax laws; Assessment of property taxes and locks in ratios of tax rates.