Covanta Fails to Pay Debt Bill;
- Positively Albany. Whalen, Robert // Bond Buyer;5/8/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32376, p37
This article reports that credit rating agency Standard & Poor's raised its credit outlook on the Albany city government of N.Y. from positive to stable. The improvement is attributed to the city's economic development and public investment. Albany will sell taxable and tax-exempt general...
- S&P Upgraded 152 Municipal Credits In 2Q Compared to 51 Downgrades. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;7/26/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31933, p5
Reports on the decision of Standard & Poor's Corp. to upgrade more municipal credits in the second quarter of 2004 in the U.S. Comparison between the number of upgrades and the number of downgrades; Contents of the analysis released by the company; Reference to the reports of other ratings agencies.
- Miss. Agency Selling Water Bonds for Jackson. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;9/28/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31978, p7
Reports on the plan of the Mississippi Development Bank to sell special obligation water and sewer system revenue bonds for the city of Jackson in Mississippi. Amount to be issued for the transaction; Role of Financial Security Assurance Inc. in the deal; Credit rating given to the transaction...
- S&P Downgrades Another Puerto Rico Credit. Cataldo, Adam L. // Bond Buyer;11/15/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32259, p1
Reports on the downgrade of the credit rating of Puerto Rico Municipal Finance Agency by rating agency Standard & Poor's Corp. Factors that contribute to the credit decline; Effect of the down grade on the 1999 and 2000 series bonds of the agency; Allocation of the upcoming agency borrowing.
- Pleasant Prairie,-Wis., Raised to AA-Minus by S&P. // Bond Buyer;1/28/2008, Vol. 363 Issue 32803, p2
The article reports on the announcement of Standard & Poor's Corp. that it had raised the ratings for Pleasant Prairie, Wisconsin's general obligation debt to AA-minus from A-plus. Standard & Poor's stated that the raise was due to the consistent solid financial operations and that the outlook...
- S&P Rates SLO. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;8/4/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32438, p39
The article announces that Standard & Poor's has assigned an A-plus rating to the planned issuance of water revenue bonds by San Luis Obispo, California. The credit ratings agency has also assigned an issuer credit rating of AA-minus to the city government. Credit analyst Matt Reining has...
- S&P assigns first issuer rating in California. Berkman, Leslie // Bond Buyer;01/26/98, Vol. 323 Issue 30317, p5
Focuses on Standard & Poor's issuance of an issuer credit rating to Long Beach, California. Features of the rating; Reason for the issuance of the rating to Long Beach; Number of municipalities which have received such ratings.
- S&P Pushes Nassau County, N.Y., Up A Notch, Citing 'Significant Progress'. McKaig, Ryan // Bond Buyer;3/14/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31593, p3
Reports that credit rating company Standard & Poor's Corp. has upgraded Nassau County, New York's ratings. Reasons cited for the upgradation; Upgrade of ratings by other credit rating companies; Issues to be resolved for the county.
- S& P Puts Michigan's AAA on Negative CreditWatch, With Eye on Shortfall Strategy. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;11/4/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31754, p31
Reports on the triple-A rating assigned by Standard & Poor's to Michigan. Approval of general obligation campaign program; Definition of the scope and cost of unfunded capital projects; Amount of the general fund balance.