Fitch: WorldCom Links Won't Lead to Claims
- Calendar. // Bond Buyer;4/27/2007, Vol. 360 Issue 32617, p13
A calendar of request for proposals related to the bond market in the U.S. in 2007 is presented. The deadline for submission of bond underwriting proposals for Georgia Housing and Finance Authority will be on April 30. Proposals for financial advisory services to Florida Municipal Power Agency...
- MBIA Chief: Default Doubtful. // American Banker;3/11/2008, Vol. 173 Issue 48, p11
The article explains bond insurer MBIA Inc. is unlikely to default. In February 2008, MBIA raised $2.6 billion, stopped its dividend and suspended its insurance business. The moves are helping the company ride out losses on sub-prime mortgages, but appear not to have calmed investors still...
- DERIVATIVES & STRUCTURED PRODUCTS. // Bond Buyer;5/17/2005, Vol. 352 Issue 32134, p6
This article presents information on the Bond Market Association Municipal Swap Index.
- South Carolina Agency Readies $368 Million Deal With Swap. SeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;9/8/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31714, p5
Reports on the plan of the South Carolina Transportation Infrastructure Bank to start selling $368 million of auction-rate refunding bonds in a deal that include a swap to a fixed rate. Amount expected from refunding of debt sold in the year 2000; Names of insurer and financial adviser for the...
- The Bond Market Association Municipal Swap Index. // Bond Buyer;01/26/98, Vol. 323 Issue 30317, p30
Presents the average yield on seven-day high-grade variable-rate demand obligations of swaps as of January 21, 1998.
- Index-linked muni swaps. // Bond Buyer;01/26/98, Vol. 323 Issue 30317, p30
Presents rates of municipal swaps in the United States as of January 23, 1998.
- N.J. Considers Hiring Firm for School-Construction Swap Plan. Braun, Martin Z. // Bond Buyer;11/26/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31521, p1
Reports that New Jersey is considering hiring a politically connected Pennsylvania financial advisor to devise a multi-billion dollar forward swap plan for the state's school construction bond program as of November 2002. Consideration of the pros and cons of a forward swap of the school...
- Slower growth foreseen for swaps. // American Banker;2/7/94, Vol. 159 Issue 25, p22
No abstract available.
- OTC derivatives positions increase 37% in '96. // Pensions & Investments;3/31/1997, Vol. 25 Issue 7, p52
Focuses on the growth of over-the-counter derivatives in Australia, by 37 percent in 1996. Details on data complied by International Swaps and Derivatives Association.