Even Without a Budget, Tennessee Makes Its Debt Payments
- Interest Savings. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;12/17/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31286, p37
Reports on the impact of structure of District of Columbia's sale of insured general obligation bonds on city government debt service over the life of bonds. Type of bonds sold by the district; Cost saving features of bonds.
- California Looking at Short Term. Finestone, Deborah // Bond Buyer;1/4/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31297, p1
Reports on plans of California to issue variable-rate debt and refund some outstanding general obligation bonds to defer near-term debt service under a financial restructuring plan. Benefits of the debt management plan for the state; Overview of the plan; Difficulties faced by the state to...
- S&P Downgrades Housing Bonds to Junk. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;4/5/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31359, p31
Reports on the junk status of four outstanding bonds secured by Section 8-assisted multifamily property mortgages in the U.S. Par value of the bonds; Deterioration of the debt service coverage; Ways to improve the financial condition of multifamily.
- South Carolina University Hospital Authority Sets $106 Million Deal. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;6/24/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31414, p31
Reports the move of the Medical University Hospital Authority (MUHA) to sell its revenue refunding bonds in Atlanta, Georgia. Renovation projects of MUHA; Replacement of facilities in the center; Decline of debt service of the medical center.
- Dauphin County, Pa., Agency Misses Forum Place Payment. Braun, Martin Z. // Bond Buyer;7/17/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31429, p36
Reports the default of Series B revenue bonds of Dauphin County in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania. Nature of the deal to purchase the Forum Place; Failure in making debt service payment; Concern over default ramifications.
- SOUTHEAST BOND-WATCH. Sigo, Shelly; Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;10/17/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31493, p30
Reports developments on industrial bonds in the U.S. as of October 2002. Ways of paying debt service on the nonrated bonds; Deterioration of the financial condition in bond documents; Construction of a convention center hotel.
- Debt-Service Fund Vanishes in Texas. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;8/11/2010, Vol. 373 Issue 33365, p1
The article reports on the missing 200,000 dollar debt-service reserve fund in Dallas, Texas that was discovered when a bond issuer defaulted on 4 million dollars of bonds used to acquire three retirement facilities.
- Alabama House committee considers using tobacco money to pay off debt. Menke, Arthur // Bond Buyer;03/26/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30607, p36
Reports that Alabama lawmakers are considering a bill that would funnel dollars from the state's share of the nationwide tobacco settlement into a designated fund that could be used to pay debt service on bonds. Bill sponsored by state Representative John Hilliard; Provisions under House Bill...
- Minneapolis official fears bill imperils debt service on Timberwolves' stadium. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;04/20/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30623, p35
Focuses on Minnesota House of Representatives' approval of a bill that would jeopardize Minneapolis, Minnesota's ability to meet debt service payments on revenue bonds. Construction of a stadium for the Minnesota Timberwolves basketball team; Proposed cuts in annual subsidies of the city;...
- DCURD's refunding plan. Preston, Darrell // Bond Buyer;08/10/99, Vol. 329 Issue 30701, p1
Reports on the Dallas County Utility and Reclamation District (DCURD) pricing of $211 million of unlimited tax refunding bonds. Struggle of DCURD with a constantly rising debt service burden; Alignment of debt service expenses.