NABL Recommends Plethora of Bond Simplification Proposals
- Changes to Shelter Disclosure Regs Prompt Calls for Muni Clarification. Duff, Susanna // Bond Buyer;1/16/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31554, p6
Reports on the impact of changes to the U.S. Treasury Department's tax shelter disclosure regulations on companies' reporting requirements. Possibility of disclosing municipal bond transactions in reporting; Impact of disclosing municipal bond transactions on investors; Types of transactions...
- Final built-in gains tax regulations released. // CPA Journal;Mar1995, Vol. 65 Issue 3, p15
Reports on the Treasury Department's issuance of final built-in gains tax regulations. Provisions of IRS Sec. 1374; Valuation of inventory; Date of effectivity.
- TAX FLEXIBILITY FROM THE FEDS. // Commercial Carrier Journal;Dec2001, Vol. 158 Issue 12, p56
Announces a policy on taxation issued by the Treasury Department and the Internal Revenue Service in the United States. Redesignation of income tax overpayment as employment tax deposits; Impact of the taxation flexibility on tax flow; Use of the taxation flexibility on the recovery of...
- Offset Program Brings Millions. // Practical Accountant;Oct2002, Vol. 35 Issue 10, p16
Informs on the state return tax offsets from federal revenue for the first seven months of 2002, under the U.S. Treasury Department's Offset Program.
- Treasury Plans New 'Targeted' Tax-Inversion Crackdown. BILL PETERS // Investors Business Daily;11/18/2015, p00
The article offers information on the release of "targeted guidance" by the U.S. Treasury Department which aims to discourage so-called tax-inversion deals used by some U.S. businesses for relocating to lower-tax nations.
- NABL Urges Treasury to Reconsider Rules for Preparers of Tax Returns. Schroeder, Peter // Bond Buyer;6/30/2008, Vol. 364 Issue 32909, p5
The article reports on the move of the National Association of Bond Lawyers (NABL) in urging the Treasury Department for the modification of the proposed regulations which subjected tax return preparers to possible monetary penalties in the U.S. The NABL has indicated that the series of Form...
- Liberalization Sought for Industrial Development Bonds. Kinnander, Ola // Bond Buyer;8/9/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31446, p5
Reports the urgency of the Council of Development Finance Agencies to the Treasury to include provisions of the industrial development bonds in the department's tax simplification proposal. Inclusion of bond-friendly proposals; Simplification of the tax code; Proposal on the expansion of the...
- The rest of the story. Schenk, Mike // Credit Union Magazine;Apr2001, Vol. 67 Issue 4, p20
Focuses on a report released by the United States Treasury Department about the tax exemption of credit unions. Crude estimates of potential revenue if Congress removed the exemption; Failure of the Treasury to consider the effect on federal tax receipts of the higher dividend rates which...
- Don't fill out this phony tax form. Wollenberg, Yvonne Chilik // Medical Economics;6/21/2002, Vol. 79 Issue 12, p10
Reports on the warning of the U.S. Treasury Department not fill up fraudulent tax forms. Importance of informing the police department about the fraudulent tax forms; Contact numbers in reporting the fraudulent act.