Arizona School Facilities Board Struts to Market With AAA Step
- Michigan's Van Buren Public Schools Selling $80M of Unlimited-Tax BABs. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;5/12/2009, Vol. 368 Issue 33113, p7
The article reports that Van Buren Public Schools in Michigan has sold $80 million of unlimited-tax Build America Bonds to fund various projects. Raymond James & Associates Inc. serves as the senior manager and Collins & Blaha PC as bond counsel. The structure of the general obligation deal...
- Detroit Schools Plan Deficit Offering. DEVITT, CAITLIN // Bond Buyer;9/14/2011, Vol. 377 Issue 33582, p1
The article reports on the plans of Detroit Public Schools to enter the bond market in the next two weeks of float a deficit bond issue in Detroit, Michigan. It states that the deal will convert short-term notes issued for cash-flow purposes into longer-term bonds. It notes that the Michigan...
- Alabama Education Agency Selling $106 Million Double-A Deal. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;12/16/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31782, p36
The Alabama Public School and College Authority on Wednesday brings to market $106 million of capital improvement and economic development and training bonds in a competitive, double-A rated transaction. The proceeds will be used to repair storm-damaged public schools in three counties, to...
- Public Facilities, Schools Drive Increase in Issuance. Sigo, Shelly; DeSue, Tedra; Vekshin, Alison // Bond Buyer;8/15/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31450, p25
Reports the increasing issuance of bonds among the public schools in the U.S. Improvement of the schools in the region; Acceleration of construction projects; Decline of the interest rates.
- Chicago's Education Continues. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;10/30/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31502, p1
Reports on the allocation of general obligation bonds for public schools in Chicago, Illinois. Description of the current interest-rate environment; Emergence of derivative products; Issuance of bond as variable rate.
- Missouri Probing Ex-St. Louis Mayor's Role in Bond Campaign. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;11/22/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31023, p6
Reports on the plan of Saint Louis Public Schools to sell general obligation bonds in Illinois. Structure of the bonds; Use of the proceeds from the bond sale.
- Detroit Public Schools Set to Sell $400 Million in GOs on Wednesday. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;10/21/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31495, p3
Reports on the issuance of general obligation bonds by the Detroit Public Schools in Detroit, Michigan. Amount of the bonds; Proceeds of the sale; Bond counsel of the sale.
- Detroit schools' reform. Ward, Andrew // Bond Buyer;06/23/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30668, p1
Focuses on the impact of reform efforts for public schools in Detroit, Michigan on bond financing strategies in the city. Possibility of opening a new financing team; Trend prompted by the plans of Mayor Dennis Archer's Board of Education to run the school districts like a business.
- Chicago schools plan fiscal 2000 deals. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;06/23/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30668, p36
Reports that Chicago Public Schools officials will sell bond issues in Chicago, Illinois scheduled for the fiscal year 2000. Value of the bonds.