Chicago Law Firm Pursuing Yield-Burning Cases Gets Legal Victory
- Lawyers Argue Against Class Status In Chicago Yield-Burning Lawsuit. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;11/08/99, Vol. 330 Issue 30764, p3
Focuses on the lawsuit filed by Krislov and Associates Company on the behalf of several taxpayers and Chicago alleging Everen Securities and Prudential Securities Inc. on overcharging the city for open market treasuries. Attempts made by the taxpayers and Chicago to win class certification for...
- More Potential Illinois Yield-Burning Lawsuits Settled. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;10/21/99, Vol. 330 Issue 30752, p32
Reports on the settlement of potential Illinois bond yield-burning lawsuits. Yield-burning lawsuits planned by Krislov & Associates.
- Casebook. Ross, Mike // Chartered Accountants Journal;Aug98, Vol. 77 Issue 7, p78
Provides information on a number of court cases around New Zealand relating to several issues. Reference to the matrimonial property lawsuit of Wood versus Wood filed in the High Court, New Plymouth; Details on the lawsuit surrounding tax deductions; Information on a lawsuit regarding...
- Retaliatory Lawsuits and Texas's Judicial Proceedings Privilege. Mangrum, Boyd // Review of Litigation;Summer2003, Vol. 22 Issue 3, p541
Discusses retaliatory lawsuits and Texas' judicial proceedings privilege. Definition of the term 'retaliatory lawsuit'; Nature and extent of judicial proceedings privilege; Parties protected by the privilege.
- The duty to take care. Edwards, K. Buckley // Accountancy;Sep72, Vol. 83 Issue 949, p87
Presents information about various lawsuits in the year 1972 in Great Britain. Discussion on various lawsuits between the companies and its stock holders; Details of the case involving I.G. Arenson, a shareholder in a company; Information about the proceedings in the case.
- circuit briefs. // Corporate Legal Times;Oct2003, Vol. 13 Issue 143, p50
Reports on two cases in the 5th Circuit in the U.S. as of October 2003. Chancery charges against State Supreme Court Justice Oliver Diaz Jr.; Settlement of class action against Firestone.
- ADA Violation Suits Swamp California Court System. Jackson, Liane // Corporate Legal Times;Oct2003, Vol. 13 Issue 143, p56
Focuses on lawsuits filed for violations of the Americans With Disabilities Act in the U.S. Violation of stringent state law standards.
- CIRCUIT ROUNDUP. Mack, Debbi // Corporate Legal Times;Oct2003, Vol. 13 Issue 143, p58
Discusses several actions and defenses in the U.S. as of October 2003. Disability suit against J.C. Penney; Breach of contract against Maya Angelou; Lawsuit filed by Saad Noah against America Online.
- Aspiring UNLV football player sues NCAA. Reed, Vita // Las Vegas Business Press;11/17/97, Vol. 14 Issue 46, p32
Presents several legal briefs in Las Vegas, Nevada. Tim Northington versus National Collegiate Athletic Association; Angie Doyle versus MGM Grand Hotel-Las Vegas Inc.; Circus and Eldorado Joint Venture versus Little Rock Legacy Hotel LLC.